HybridZ

cant seem to find toluene anywhere

Guest D-sTyLe

Guest D-sTyLe

hello everyone, i have been searching for this stuff everywhere but cant seem to find it for a good price. i found some @ ACE hardware but it was 10 dollars a gallon :shock: i know some of you use this stuff and i was wondering what places carry this stuff for a good price? Frazee paint doesn't have any...

any help would be appreciated. esp. those located in san diego b/c this is where im @ !

Guest D-sTyLe

i went to home depot where i live and they didn't have any. i guess i have to check chemical supply stores and other paint stores. thanks for the replies though!

Have any of you guys tried the torco fuel additive? If you have a torco dealer around you it's worth trying some. If bought in bulk it can be had cheap but on the can per can basis it's about $15 a quart can. It brings 93 pump gas to 107octane. This isn't the typical "octane booster" that claims it'll raise your octane level 7-9 points. This actually brings it up to 105-107 depending on the grade of pump gas you can get in your area. I've been running it for a couple of years now and love it. My 83 280zxt with t3/t4 hybrid would ping at 18psi because of the agressive stock ignition timing. When I race I put in my torco and I've run as much as 23psi without detonation and never attempted to go any further. My best friend with a 91 spirit R/T (fastest full interior spirit R/T in the country "12.04") has allowed him to go from pinging at 17psi to 23-24 psi with no knock shown on his scan tool while racing. This stuff is awsome and worth a shot if you have a local dealer near you. And no, I don't have stock in this company or work for them.

James

Never heard of Torco, but I would like to point out that when you get that little can of octane boost and it says your octane will jump 5 points they mean from 92 octane to 92.5 octane. They are basically selling an 8 oz can of tolulene or xylene or a mix, but you need a lot more than that to make a significant difference in the overall octane of a tank of gas.

Jon

J--I wasn't trying to say I was anti-tolulene, just that the octane booster amounts aren't enough to take you from 92 to 97 octane. I've been running tolulene quite awhile now too. Had good results with both.

Spork--how much gas does a can treat? 16 gal? What's in it? Do you know? Do you have any mag articles or reviews on it?

Sounds interesting...

Jon

Guest bastaad525

I know I've heard many people say they've seen it, in single gallon cans, for as low as $5 or even $3, but lately everyone that looks for it can't get it any cheaper than $10... can anyone please confirm a place they have found it for $3-5? I really want to start using this stuff too, just for added protection (running 10psi non intercooled, always afraid to stay on it for more than a few seconds).