HybridZ

My Car STOLEN!!!

Guest bobs302z

Sorry to hear about your daily driver ,I will keep my eyes open you never know were things turn up . I would be interested to see how our icbc is handled. It is something I was worryed about because it is hard to get icbc to buck up for the proper value. I actually went through the trouble of getting my car registered as a MODIFIED 280Z I can then insure it for the value I set. Emailme and let me know how it turns out !!! THAT REALLY SUCKS

Thanks all, no update on it yet.

One favour I'd like to ask of you if I could.......if you're aware of any nicely done 280ZX's (Z's OK but 280ZX's preferred) posted for sale, or that have sold etc, I'd love to know some details.

If I get into a discussion with our provincial insurance agency (ie. if it's not recovered. or severely damaged) I want to be well prepared on what would be optimum value for my car and this comes somewhat from values of other somewhat similar cars. Please reply by private email on this issue. All inputs welcome, thanks!

Man this sucks... and I know Ross uses multiple anti-theft devices too! It really makes me wonder if I should be more anal about anti-theft stuff in my car, though I think its pretty good the way it is... maybe more is better!

Ross I hope you find it soon and in 1 piece... I've passed along the word to the local people...

Ross, Sorry for your loss. I've had two Z's stolen and wanted to give you some ideas that helped me. The second Z I had stolen I actually recovered. I put a very descriptive add in the local newspaper and offered a reward to anyone who could give me details about the whereabouts of the car. A few days after the ad started I received a call at 3am in the morning from a gas station attendant. This led me to the car and subsequently to an arrest. I hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kurzhals

Ross,

Sorry to hear that some one stole your car. The older I get the more I hate people. No biases or pre judgments, just all people. I deal with people all day and by the time its time to go home I don't want to deal with them any more.

Seems like the Z is getting popular again. I may have to get an alarm. Hope to hear that you get your car back soon. Good luck in your search.

Gosh, I missed this thread completely :roll:

Ross, I do hopethe car comes back in one piece, unharmed, intact, with ALL the motor, suspension, and exhaust items still on the car. It sounds more like California then Canada. If the car ends up down here, we'll keep and eye out for it.

Davy :cry:

Ross, any updates?

Did you ever get in touch with anyone that had an appraised or sold Z for a good $$ amount that could help your case with the insurance company?

No word on the car being spotted, I'd assume. I keep crossing my fingers hoping to hear it was found safe and sound.

Lot's of Luck,

Pete

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
Did you ever get in touch with anyone that had an appraised or sold Z for a good $$ amount that could help your case with the insurance company?

I am going to be having my Z appraised. I can let you know who I decide to go with and what the results are if you want to check with them.

Ross, I noticed you blocked out the license plate on the car, while that is a good practice, in this situation it might be helpful to know at least a few of the license plate numbers to help spot the car. I know when I am driving I am constantly scanning license plates for things such as Amber alerts and I can spot a license plate before I can identify the details of a car. The last digits are more unique than the first. How about the last 3 or 4?

Ross' date=' any updates?

No word on the car being spotted, I'd assume. I keep crossing my fingers hoping to hear it was found safe and sound.

Lot's of Luck,

Pete[/quote']

No updates :roll: , not sure I want any now after all the horror stories I've heard of others and the condition their vehicles have been returned to them in. Pete, thanks for your tip on the higher $ Z sale, didn't pan out to be near or well above the 10,000 mark like I'd hoped. I've got a couple leads on some but nothign concrete yet. ANYONE knowing of a Z sale (or even a parts car/project sold) of 8k and above please let me know via email. No problem keeping details confidenital, just for my use and backing my claim.

Nic, license plate's in my very first post. Thanks for the thoughts/efforts all.

Ross: Sorry to hear about your misfortune. A few weeks after my car was completed, I was involved in a minor "incident". This woke me up to the fact that I should have the car professionally appraised for insurance puroses. Well worth the $75 that I was charged. My Z is a 75, which may or may not have any bearing on yours. Car was valued at $21,000 and insured for the same. I can fax you a copy of the appraisal if you'd like. E-mail me at Baracu@adelphia.net with a fax number. Would me more than happy to help you out. AL

My neighbors car was stolen last night. His second job is delivery for pizza hut. he had just gotten back from a delivery and was going inside to pick up three more deliveries.

When he got back to where his car was parked, it was gone. I told him unless the guy wrecks it, they won`t find it in the state.

His wallet with 200.00 was in it and he had a full tank of gas. :shock: