HybridZ

LS1 update pics

Guest MistaFosta

You get it running yet? My welder is jealous of your garage, btw. :D:D:D

I talked to that guy, but he did the dyno stuff himself, so I dont know where would be best for you...

Your hard work has certainly paid off! :2thumbs:

The engine is set very nicely back against the firewall, yet you were able to keep the hood latch since there is no whopping HEI--looks good! Can't wait to hear how the thing runs with that motor :twisted:

Davy

HELLO MIKE!!

WHAT KIND OF SHIFTER ARE YOU USING AND DOES IT WORK WITH THE STOCK CENTER CONSOL.

WHERE DID YA FIND THE INTAKE SET UP LOOKS GOOD

DO YOU HAVE A CONTACT NAME AT SANDERSON FOR YOUR HEADERS?

GONNA GET STARTED ON MINE SOON, WAITING ON JOHNS KIT.

THANK YOU

JOEY- ORINDA SHELL

MistaFosta not running yet I am waiting on my headers. My headers should be done next week.

Intake parts. Air flow systems inc http://www.airflo.com

Reducing elbow--take you from the 4" TB to the 3.5"Mass air

#90hl40r35 $26.69

bellow connects the mass air to the 3.5" mandrel inlet pipe

#3h35 $14.20

I bought the 3.5" mandrel bend from Magnumforce in San Jose

Telephone - 408-559-6633 $28.95

LS1 Z

I am using a 4l60e trans and also using the stock shifter off of the LS1.

Boyde over at Sanderson is making my headers I donot know if they will fit the Johns car kit, I think he mounts the motor forther forward.

About 2 weeks left and it will be on the road.

The LT1 was pulled out on January 10th

And I started making the LS1 mounts on January 11th.

So I am 16 days into the swap' date=' so far everything has been ok.

Mike[/quote']Dang, Mike! You sure work fast. Does this mean you sold your LT-1 yet? Where did you find your LS-1 and how much did it run for you? l8!

• 3 weeks later...

Briguy280z, Itake parts

Intake parts. Air flow systems inc http://www.airflo.com

Reducing elbow--take you from the 4" TB to the 3.5"Mass air

#90hl40r35 $26.69

bellow connects the mass air to the 3.5" mandrel inlet pipe

#3h35 $14.20

I bought the 3.5" mandrel bend from Magnumforce in San Jose

Telephone - 408-559-6633 $28.95

To clean the motor all I used was a rag and some soft soap.

I took the car to the dyno last Friday but I was having fuel problems. I found out later that is was a bad fuel filter, but I did make 305rwhp@only 4,000rpm.

Goodluck with the Ref on your swap.

Mike

Guest 9c1cruiser

That is beautifull! One question: what is the weight difference from the LT1 to the LS1? What is the weight of the LS1? Is the LS1 able to be mounted farther back towards the firewall than the LT1? The swap will definately help out with the handling of the Z! Nice work.

Did you try to connect the intake comming in from the drivers side instead of the passanger side. Is the radiator hose too much in the way or do you think it would be possable to route it through? My problem is that i have a electrical box and the coolant container on that side. I would be nicer on the otherside....just wandering what you thought?

Briguy280Z you might be able to run it on the drivers side, on my car the radiator hose would have been a problem.

9c1cruiser I have the motor in the same loacation as the JTR. I took my car over to Johns house he now owns Cyres old LS1/t56 car and my motor is only 1/16 forther forward that his ls1 swap. I think that the LS1 is 60lb lighter than the LT1.

I had alot of fun with the LS1 tonight on streets.

Go to my album, link below, and see the way my LS1 is laid out. The intake doesn't come through to the front of the radiator but you may be interested in the location of the windshield washer bottle which is now mounted opposite the overflow bottle in front fo the radiator. Careful locating of either of these bottles allows routing through either side of the the radiator - you're choice. Then again - I used the Datsun radiator so the radiator hose routing is different. That's the difficulty in these conversions - everyone does things a bit differently and it's difficult to use one for guidance unless you've done the same.

Oops! Just looked and my foot blocks the view of the winshield washer bottle in the engine bay photo. Sorry.