HybridZ

front 5lug conversion

The only junkyard part needed is the 5-lug front hub from a 300ZX (1984-1985???). The hub is a different height than the 4-lug, if the search function was working you could probably see some actual numbers. Guess you'll just have to go through every post in the brakes forum!

Owen

JSK makes their OWN hub for the wilwood brakes. I am assuming with the stock dimensions for offset.

The 300ZX hubs move the face the wheels bolt onto out ~30mm IIRC...

Personally, I would like a replacement 5 lug hub with the stock dimensions, as I'm not sure there is enough meat on the stock hubs to redrill for 5 lug.

RossC, would you care to comment here?

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hi Clifton. Im not quite understanding your question. No spacers or adapters are needed for putting a z31 hub on a Z. What is needed is the brake setup and your wheel configuration to be proper. I wont be making aluminum 5 lug hubs in stock dimension. This way I can provide the brake adapters for z31 hub users and make it compatible with the 5 lug hubs in z31 specs but with a 35 mm offset for today's wheels. This was the majority of the discussion at another topic a while ago. As to when I'm going to have the 5 lug ready I cant say for sure. Just trying to build some interest level by providing the 5 lug brake adapters primarily.

You can also try 5 lug wheel adapters for your stock 280z hub. Well those are some options. 2 am now going to rest . Stay cool

Juan

here are some photos on the difference's between the hubs. http://jskinnovations.com/hubs.htm between stock hubs and 300zx 5 lug hubs there is an additional 19mm with the 5 lug hub. Now we still need an additonal 16 mm to have that 35mm offset right. This is what I call a mega 5 lug hub! I can just picture it.Absolute MEGA. Which brings absolute strength.

Hi Clifton. Im not quite understanding your question. No spacers or adapters are needed for putting a z31 hub on a Z.

You used to make a spacer to use the 5 lug hub and the spacer was for the rotor, I guess it would be a rotor spacer. Or was this some weird memory I have that didn't exist:(.

The 300ZX hubs move the face the wheels bolt onto out ~30mm IIRC...

Personally' date=' I would like a replacement 5 lug hub with the stock dimensions, as I'm not sure there is enough meat on the stock hubs to redrill for 5 lug.

RossC, would you care to comment here?[/quote']

Brad, do you mean you'd like a hub with 240Z front and rear geometry/offset but with a 5lug bolt pattern? I can easily do some in a custom run in the future at a nominal surcharge for the limited numbers, (very few with 5lug zero offset or similar wheels that I know of) but I've only had a couple requests. I'm not a big fan of welding up OEM parts excessively for redrilling. Our 5lug stub axles see little welding and work great. Doing hubs via rewelding/boring is quite different due to the geometry of rotor bolt holes/lug stud holes/radiuses/stress analysis/results etc. Not something we'll do for customers. The more custom setups I do the more appropriate I find it to engineer the entire setup to suit the overall purpose.

More discussion on our hubs here, I'll have to get the pictures up, busy getting out racing and spring prep orders. I've got some WICKED PBR prepped caliper pics to post up as well, FULLY polished and some powdercoated as well! But I"m babbling now,

here's our other hub info, PS THEY'RE ONE-HALF the weight of OEM units!!

Modern Motorsports Aluminum Hubs!!

can i use an 86z hub and rotor and an 88 toyota 4x4 v6 caliper on my 71 240z ? do i need spacers and or shims ? do i need to modify any of the parts ? is the offset the same as the 240z ?

Here's the options for the front 4x4 setup,

Modern Motorsports 4x4 Front Vented Package

all 3 hubs pictured, all 3 hubs bolt onto your spindle but front offset can change as well as rear offset/thus specific rotor spacers for specific hubs

These calipers are appropriate:

89-95 4WD Pickup

4/89-91 4Runner

As for making your rear offset equal, I'd suggest making it maximum track width if you're going to change it all. Provides maximum return and fun! Push them out reasonably within your wheel wells/front and rear maximum's are typically a different overall offset as you'll discover.

Good luck!

Drop me a private email if you have specific questions on our products.