HybridZ

If you had the money?

Guest Pegasus76

Man, what an open-ended question!

Let's see... I'd start with a destroked 400 smallblock, equip it with a forged crank and pistons, ARP grade 8 fasteners in everything, Edelbrock ProFlo Performer multi point fuel injection with data logging, Airflow Research aluminum heads, and a nice, conservative cam with just a bit of lope in it. That should be good for well over 400 hp on pump gas, with no pesky turbos or superchargers to muck things up.

Transmission choice? Gotta have the T-56! That .5:1 overdrive would simply rock on long trips. Talk about your long legs! At each corner, I'd have coilovers and Bilsteins (if I could find some that would work) and the fattest rubber that would possibly fit under the stock arches w/o rubbing, wrapped around Porsche Boxster style rims.

Inside I'd have Recaro seats and backlit VDO gauges, and a sinfully expensive MOMO steering wheel. And meat-freezer air conditioning. I know, those last three items aren't perfomance equipment in the strictest sense of the term, but they help me get the job done, so I include them anyway.

What's on YOUR list?

If I had the money I would buy LS1edit. In your case, some kind of programmable EFI - possibly the Holley or SDS. Maybe even the hole LT1 setup (for which there is a tool called LT1Edit).

Like on my truck for instance, if I had the money, I would switch from carb to EFI, then I would ceremoniously smash the shibbit out of that damn carb with a 5lb hammer. Then I would get the torch out and melt down the remains.

I hate carbs.

Guest Pegasus76

Just a quick question for all you hot rodder Z's smile.gif If you had the money, what performance equipment would you buy...Size and all smile.gif Just trying to get an idea of what I would get for my Z to milk out all the HP I can outta the 350SBC

b_hand.gif

Guest Anonymous

Well said Perry...My problem is all the money I had went into the still unfinished project. If I spent as much time with a wrench than a mouse flapping these keys and hunting exciting new modifications... I would be spinning tires out on the backroads. Too many irons in the fire and the fire is about extinguished.

Just to be different, twin turbo 4.5L infiniti V8, it would require custom forged rods and pistons, and a completely custom management system (to control fuel, spark and Variable Valve Timing). Power run through a modified T-56. Custom independent rear suspension based on the 9" ford. Custom front suspension based on indy cars.

Lots of custom work, but hey, money is not an object.

Guest Pegasus76

hahah Thanks a lot for your opinions guys...I have an old 650 holly I believe with a weland stealth so far...I am looking to get maybe an Edelbrock intake (I hear those are good) and since I don't exactly have the money or time to provide my beast with Fuel injection..I was thinking more of the Street Avenger and a fatty cam to provide me with some low in Torque...haven't decide which one yet smile.gif I already have aluminum heads so I figure I will leave those on till further down the road...The T-5 seems to be doing good with the 3.545 gears outta the stock differential...Besides, I wouldn't even know how to get the T-56 in there smile.gif Not that experienced wit hthe cars yet *rubs the back of his neck* :rolleyes: But anyway..Thanks for the opinion guys, I like knowing I can always count on the Z brethren for any suggestions or opinions! thanks 2thumbs.gif

Guest Pegasus76

hahah Thanks a lot for your opinions guys...I have an old 650 holly I believe with a weland stealth so far...I am looking to get maybe an Edelbrock intake (I hear those are good) and since I don't exactly have the money or time to provide my beast with Fuel injection..I was thinking more of the Street Avenger and a fatty cam to provide me with some low in Torque...haven't decide which one yet smile.gif I already have aluminum heads so I figure I will leave those on till further down the road...The T-5 seems to be doing good with the 3.545 gears outta the stock differential...Besides, I wouldn't even know how to get the T-56 in there smile.gif Not that experienced wit hthe cars yet *rubs the back of his neck* :rolleyes: But anyway..Thanks for the opinion guys, I like knowing I can always count on the Z brethren for any suggestions or opinions! thanks 2thumbs.gif

all aluminum 572 cid big block intercooled twin turbo injected engine in my 1996 corvette with a e80 trans and a dana 60 independent rear suspension, with a full roll cage and computer controlled suspension and brakes. while I like the lines on the early (Z) cars I prefer the 1996 vette body style to all other cars

Guest triple_threat311

My problem is not the money, but the time. I have my dream motor, 434SBC, Callies Crank, Ross Racing Pistons, the works, it makes 750 before the nitro a 14,000 motor i scored for 7500. But now I am at the United States Military Academy and I have no time whatsoever to work on my Z since it is in California. But for sure in two years it will be done, so I guess I just want time.

anthony