HybridZ

input on ebay seller plz.

240ZinTN

I am thinking of buying a turbo from a guy on ebay, he goes by "down2turbo", and I wanted to check to see if anyone here has had any experience doing business with him. If so, are his remanufactured turbos any good? He says he offers a 90 day warranty. Any other good sources for affordable(hahaha) turbos would be appreciated.

Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2459229644

I was also looking at his t3/t4E (see link below) but it looks like the turbine a/r on it isn't any better. I was planning on fabricating my own downpipe. I hope I don't regret it. I still need to find a good turbo if Down2turbo can get me anything I need, what specs would you recommend on a t3/t4e and how much $ is too much Sleeper?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2459885532

Certainly can't complain about the prices. What a good turbo for you depends on your hp level and intended use for the car.

I do a little drag racing and road racing, but my car is mostly a street vehicle. The stock turbine with the 0.63 a/r works well but is flow limited, so maximum power is certainly not realized. You need to figure out what compromises you can live with before you can know what turbois good for you.

I agree with Sleeper. Some people are more tolorable when it comes to slow/laggy turbo which is one of the compromise on a turbo car (power/response) I personally ran a big hybrid combo and never bother me about 3200-3500rpm full boost but some like the boost to be there in lower rpm. I wouldn't be too concern about the flow map as the map chages with different turbine combination. about 60-1 is the biggest you can get on a street car without being overkill. 60 trim, 57 trim, 50 trim are all nice on the compressor side. (more effiecient too in the T04E housing.)

Well, I can definitely say I don't tolerate lag very well. I do want to get at least 250hp out of the car, and would prefer a broad power range. As far as track performance goes, getting into the mid 13's would be nice. The only Z that really flies at the Bristol Street fights runs an LS1 with nitrous and is semi pro with some sponsors. There is no way I can beat him and still have a streetable 240Z. Something in the 13's would beat my buddies who take their Z up there a couple times a year (by a couple seconds).

250HP at the crank would be a easy job out of a stock turbo with DP anf IC. You can probably get 250 at the wheel on a stock turbo but you'll be running more than moderate amount of boost to get there. I would first deside where you want your power in rpm's (say 2500-5500rpm) than decide on a size of the turbo. Sounds like you just need something little bigger than a stock turbo.

talk to the guys at Top End Performance, they can have a turbo built to your specs. They do alot of work with turbo z's and can help you out in picking the right turbo.

I'm using a t3/t4 super-h stage 5 .82 turbo. They reccomended this as it can flow enough air for over 400hp. But it is definitly slower to boost then the stock t3, much more power when it hits though and it keeps coming :-D

-Austin

I'd avoid Top End. Me and many others have had bad experiences with those *&^%$#, but not to say you will. I wouldn't get to caught up in the lag thing. Even full t4's spool quick enough for a street driven car if you don't go to big. This place has some pretty good pricing http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gartur.html.

talk to the guys at Top End Performance' date=' they can have a turbo built to your specs. They do alot of work with turbo z's and can help you out in picking the right turbo.

-Austin[/quote']