HybridZ

For you RB guys...Pics of Joel's intake Progress

240Z Turbo

Joel sent me his intake to do a bit of massaging. I modified the stock fuel rail by cutting off the ends and tig welding some -8 an fittings. These feed the rail from either side by a pair of Pierburg 600hp pumps. We then went with a single outlet in the middle of the rail by tig welding a -8 an fitting. I also removed all the extra junk on the rail. It will be powder coated for better looks. We opted to remove the stock throttle bodies in favor of a single 80mm unit. I have hacked off the plenum flange and will bolt it directly to the intake base. I will deck the flange in a mill next week. We ordered 6x full radius velocity stacks to weld to the plenum flange. Once this is done I will make a custom plenum for this badboy.

Since I am now a Garrett Dealer I am trying my best to talk him into a pair of GT25R turbochargers that each support 440hp! I will be fabricating a custom 321SS header for this badboy :twisted:

RBfuelrail.jpg

RBfuelrail2.jpg

rbmanifold1.jpg

I finally welded all the velocity stacks onto the flange and bolted it to the manifold. Looking good thus far. One note, the #6 port on the plenum flange angles alot so I had to weld material onto the inside of the runner so it didn't have a big step. I will now have to go back and grind it back so it matches the transition of the velocity stack. You can see from the side pic the angling of the plenum flange #6 runner.

velocitystacks.jpg

port6.jpg

port6_side.jpg

Now, to try a locate a Q45 85mm TB to stick on that puppy. That should allow the air flow in from the twin GT 25R's to fill up them cylinders...

Not sure why you think you need a TB that big but I can bring you one of those to Reynolds if you really need it. It has a little tab welded to it that was used to help keep the pipe from blowing off as the car ran 30#+ boost.