HybridZ

Modded or Stock 280ZX 1/4-mile times needed

Guest Sport Z Editor

Guest Sport Z Editor

Sport Z Magazine is looking for several 280ZXs for an upcoming comparo article. If you've run the 1/4-mile, you are eligible. Here’s what we need:

1) Name

2) Home City, State

3) Year/type of 280ZX

4) 1/4-mile times (ideally include all slip details: 60 feet, 1/8 mile @ mph, and 1/4 mile @ mph)

5) Tires and fuel used for 1/4 mile

6) Dyno results if you have them

7) All mods, both performance and cosmetic

8) Miscellaneous details about the car

9) Photos of the car (high-res digital preferred, print OK)

Please e-mail the above information by Mar. 15 to me, Dave Bexfield, at editor@sportzmagazine.com. If you do not have photos prepared or if your Z is still garaged for the winter, not to worry; I’ll accept them at a later date. *All 280ZXs, regardless of condition or times, will be considered.* Thanks and good luck!

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Sport Z Magazine

http://www.sportzmagazine.com

Tim 240Z wrote:

Awww come on Nathan....give the guys with the sad @$$ ZXs a chance to be in the spotlight

I don't know man, those sound like fighting words :wink:

Or perhaps I should have gotten a 240Z with a chasis as flexible as a yoga master, aerodynamics of a brick, ability to lift off at 60mph, recirculation of exhaust fumes into cabin as standard feature, ability to rust before your eyes after washing the car, need for instructional video for passenger on how to get seat belt on and oh yeah, non vented rotors and rear drums (obviously not meant for hard driving) :lol:

Tim 240Z wrote:
Awww come on Nathan....give the guys with the sad @$$ ZXs a chance to be in the spotlight

I don't know man' date=' those sound like fighting words :wink:

Or perhaps I should have gotten a 240Z with a chasis as flexible as a yoga master, aerodynamics of a brick, ability to lift off at 60mph, recirculation of exhaust fumes into cabin as standard feature, ability to rust before your eyes after washing the car, need for instructional video for passenger on how to get seat belt on and oh yeah, non vented rotors and rear drums (obviously not meant for hard driving) :lol:[/quote']

:D:D Yoga master vs. Sumo Wrestler :D:D

Guest bastaad525
Tim 240Z wrote:

I don't know man' date=' those sound like fighting words :wink:

Or perhaps I should have gotten a 240Z with a chasis as flexible as a yoga master, aerodynamics of a brick, ability to lift off at 60mph, recirculation of exhaust fumes into cabin as standard feature, ability to rust before your eyes after washing the car, need for instructional video for passenger on how to get seat belt on and oh yeah, non vented rotors and rear drums (obviously not meant for hard driving) :lol:[/quote']

he's uh... he's got a point, ya know :) And he didn't even mention the creature comforts like power everything, AC and much more comfortable seats, that were pretty much standard (at least, I've never seen a ZX that didn't have these features!). Also of course T-tops, one of my favorite ZX features though not as common.

I do miss my ZX and would love to have an '82-83 turbo in great shape. Or if my ZX had been a turbo I'd never have gotten rid of it. I've actually considered trading my 240zt for one of these. They are great cars and except for the extra weight and that they are not smog exempt I think they are a better platform to start with for making a really fast Z.

Guest bastaad525

I ran mine at palmdale like 4 years ago. That was with the same N/A motor that I then swapped over to my 240, which was then replaced by the turbo motor. I ran a 15.8 at 93mph, which I was told would be an altitude corrected 15.3. The motor was overbored to 2.9L and was mildly worked up and put 170hp to the wheels on a mustang dyno.

Unfortunately the car is long gone....

Kinda hard not to thread-jack here and there... the natural course of any conversation between several people is always going to take a few twists and turns.

Hi Dave

Sorry about all the babbling, needed to have a laugh during my lunch break. On a more serious note, by when do you need the stats? I just pulled the rear crossmemeber, control arms... of my car off for a full redo of my bushings to get my car ready for an open track day at Thunderhill in mid April. If it's not passed your deadline, I can foresee taking my car for a 1/4 mile run before the end of April. The car is fully restored and very clean in and out so it should make for reasonable photos..

Guest bobs302z

Hey maybe the goof that stole Ross Corrigans ZX will offer some info for the Mag. Last I talked to him he hadnt got it back but some of his friends had seen it driving around. Cant be bad of cars(ZX) If people are stealing them?

Guest Sport Z Editor

Just an FYI, we need the information by Mar. 15. End of April will be too late for this upcoming issue, but send me details anyway. You never know.

And thanks James for the submission. Any chance of getting me those images in a higher resolution? They are borderline for the magazine.

-Dave