HybridZ

Rubber weather striping around door..

Im sure I saw a post a few months back about this, but the search turns up nothing. I need all the rubber around the door's (the one that attaches to the body) on my 75 280z. Someone here had mentioned that they found a cheaper/beter fitting alternative to MSA or VB (really$$$!!) ,and they gave a part number for McMaster Carr. Does anyone know about this? See, my boss orders stuf from them like twice a week and if I had a Pt# I could just get him to add it to one of his orders. Thanks guys.

Hi,

I have ordered 25 feet of part number 1120A33 from McMaster-Carr. This was the part number that was suggested to us back a couple of months ago.

The description of the item is as follows:

Push-On Edge-Trim Rubber Seal Bulb Opposite Grabber, 3/16" Edge, 5/8" Bulb Width

I hope this helps you out. :-D

You know funny you guys should ask about the flat piece. I'm assuming the corner piece is what you are referring to. I haven't tried mine yet but I was also wondering about the corner piece. I will tackle this soon though so I should learn from trial and error on what will and will not work in the corner.

I was dumb when I started pulling my car apart and threw all that precious stuff AWAY! Man I feel, well DUMB. THere is a guy on EBAY selling door kits only, but I don't know if they are the right stuff, do you?

Well, I guess they are gone now. :( Anyway, can i buy just the pc's for the door or do I have to buy a whole new kit?

I'm going to try the MMC weather stripping and cut it at a 45 and join it together with the Coolchem Cyanopoxy. It should work out nice. I'll take pictures when the stuff arrives and I install it.

EDIT: Well, what I wrote above is what my plan is, but when I go to order the weather stripping from MMC, it asks for a location? So, what did you guys order, was it A, B, or C?

!M!

But if you leave it blank, the online catalog will take you to the first page of the rubber seals, go to the bottom and click on the "Next page" link.

You will see the 112OA333 part number Tim refers to in the "Push-on Edge-Trim Rubber Seals section.

I think Tim just forgot the last digit.

They also have pictures that show "A" being the width of the rubber seal, "B" being the depth of the groove for the body seam, and "C" being the overall dimension of the seals.

Bulb locations as follows:

A=right side, opposite the little gripper tab on the inside edge of the grip

B=Top of grip section

C=Left side, same side as gripper tap.

I think either A or C will work.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Update,

I finally got around to pulling off the crap from Vic Brit today on my driver's door and replaced it with the Mcmaster stuff.

It went on in less than five minutes and fits like the factory stuff! I still have to work on the corner a little though but so far I am very happy with the stuff.

Hey guys, I was just looking into this yesterday. I have kept the old thread where the McMaster Carr number was listed. McMaster Carr has changed it's numbers. There is no longer a bulb location A,B, or C. They are now style 1, 2, and 3. Does anyone have dimensions of what the bulb size and leg length should be? Tim, do you have some you could measure?