HybridZ

aux vs. U-Haul

auxilary

However, it should be noted, for every guy who goes in who knows better than the counter person, there is a counter person who knows better than the customer

I will agree with that, another dude at a different AZ did help me alot recently on my Explorer EGR problems. Good to have at lease ONE goto guy at the store right?

Well, there's a chain in Canada called Canadian tire. (ussually called Crappy tire by most ppl) This is going back about 2 years now..

Matt Vs CT 'Kid behind the counter'

Me: I need rear rotors and pads for an 85 200sx, 4 cyl, 5speed 2.0L non turbo.

Kid; Hmm.. (hit's some buttons) well.. the shoes are $XX, and the drums are $XX

Me; Uh.. what? I said rotors and pads. It's rear disk.

Kid; No it's not. Computer says it's drums.

Me; well, it's rear disk. Trust me. I can show you right now, it's outside in the parking lot! (I'm getting a little pissed now..)

Kid; Well.. did you modify it then? You must have, cause it's not suposed to have rear disk's.

Me; NO, I did not modify my 85 200sx. This is the way I bought it. This is the way some of them were built. Look... check your listing for the 1.8 Turbo model 200sx.

Kid; Ok.... (click click..) Well, it has a listing for rear drum's AND disk.. but I don't think they will fit your car..

Me; Order them. It's the same damn car.

I have LOTS of storys like this one. Evrything from getting the wrong parts, to being told 'That doesn't exist'. It never ends!

Evil: I need a Right Front caliper for a 88 toyota 4 runner.

Advanced Auto idiot: we don't have one.

Evil: Funny I bought the left side yesterday and that guy told me you did.

Advanced Auto idiot: Funny (being a pr*&^) we don't even carry them so I don't think you got it here.

Evil: (Turns around leaves drives 10 miles to my garage get the box for the left caliper drives back to store) Here is the number for the one I bought yesterday...think you can find it now?

Advanced Auto idiot: (Does his computer thing goes in the back) What do you know we have a bunch of those.

Evil: Thats nice but you just gave me the same caliper... I WANT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE!!! What am I going to do with 2 left ones? ( I know what I wanted to do with them!!)

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I used to have problems like these, but I think I have developed a "dont you dare be stupid with me" expression because now the guys just go get someone else before they say something.

Guest grinsha

I have a pretty good collection of partshouse books for that reason.

I really love buying parts for my jeeps.(M38A1 - FC170)

I have had way too many people argue with me saying they were never built.

Joe Dirt Counterman @ Billy Bob's auto repair:

"Your Triumph Spitfire won't pass inspection because the catalytic converter has been removed and replaced with a straight piece of pipe."

Me:

"No, the exhaust system is all stock and original, the catalytic converter is there, look inside the engine compartment, bolted to the manifold."

JD:

"Oh. Well, it still failed inspection because your horn isn't loud enough." "And when you come to pick it up, bring a couple of new lug nuts because we stripped yours off with the impact gun and we don't have any that will fit your car."

<bang> (hang up phone)

Me:

"Knuckle dragging, toothless, feces-for-brains was playing Johnny NASCAR pit crew today"

My Wife:

"Please stop kicking the wall and go get your car."