HybridZ

Motorsport wheel adapter alternatives

Guest BillV

Guest BillV

Has anyone used wheel adapters by Techno Toy Tuning, or any other manufacturer? The Motorsport units are kinda pricey. There are several different ones on Ebay, from $120.00 to $180.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6755&item=2464433420&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=42614&item=2464560164&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

If anyone has any info on these, let me know. Also, what is the difference between Z and ZX spacers, the thickness?

Guest BillV

Sorry, I guess I wasn't specific enough, I meant Z to Honda wheel adapters. Does anyone know the correct thickness for 40mm offset Honda wheels on a 280ZX. I will probably use 16 or 17" wheels with pretty much stock suspension, maybe 1" lowering springs. Also, what rear springs/ or struts will stop the squat?

This guy is a hybridz member, he goes by alot of different names on here though, juan, jsk...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2463573196&category=42614

Looks like good stuff. Email him and I am sure he can make you exactly what you want for a good $$. Everything I have seen from him is of good quality.

Guest BillV

Thanks for the info. I may just use the Motorsport adapters, everyone seems to be happy with them, although the others available look like good quality too.

Guest Ricter

Does MSA offer wheel adapters? I looked through the 'wheels and accessories' section of their site but didn't see them.

Can someon point me in the right direction or them there?

Thanks,

Ricter

Guest Ricter

I saw his website, however he has no phone number listed.

I have a personal issue with dealing with people/companys on the web that don't list their contact information.

So I'd rather buy it fomr MSA, where I'm puchasing quite a few other things as well.

Thanks,

Ricter

I saw his website' date=' however he has no phone number listed.

I have a personal issue with dealing with people/companys on the web that don't list their contact information.

So I'd rather buy it fomr MSA, where I'm puchasing quite a few other things as well.

Thanks,

Ricter[/quote']

I'm sorry you feel that way, it's a web based business. I return email inquiries as requested by phone. Most if not all of my products easily support themselves via FAQ's I have or will shortly have improved upon. I no longer refer any customers to MSA as several were too frustrated with their improperly filled orders and lack of proper customer support. Perhaps that's improved over the last year.

Billy, our adaptors actually are actually very value oriented for their level of quality and machining. Just this past weekend I was in two other tire/wheel shops with bolt on adaptors, none were comparable in several tolerances let alone some other aspects. Ours are machined in an ISO certified facility and engineered fit your specific car properly. Not overbored units of different tolerances in many regards. You'll always see cheaper parts but they'll never be identical in quality I'll guarantee.

Guest Ricter

Ross C:

I just ordered a set from your site, do you know how long shipping usually takes to the south eastern united states?

Just wanted to know if I should expect these in about 2 weeks, or longer/shorter?

Thanks,

Ricter

Ross C:

I just ordered a set from your site' date=' do you know how long shipping usually takes to the south eastern united states?

Just wanted to know if I should expect these in about 2 weeks, or longer/shorter?

Thanks,

Ricter[/quote']

Thanks for your order Ricter, you'll see them in about 5-7 business days :wink:

LOL, reading this post. Ricter doesn't want to buy from a seller without a phone number. But once he see's a post from the seller showing his level of customer service and product quality he couldn't order them fast enough (29 minutes)!

What a great example of how important customer service is along with a quality product.

Guest 240zxt

So it shattered a forged wheel, but didn't do a thing to your wheel adapters?... I think you just got a new customer. :wink:

Ditto on MSA. I've never had good service from them. I have had good service from Victoria British. I always get my parts from them FAST.

Guest Ricter

Now I'm wishing I could get back in touch with Ross, because I gave him the wrong freaking shipping address!!!

Entirely my fault I know, but I really wish I had a phone number right now.

Already Sent him a PM, and an email.

-Ricter

I've seen a couple of accident photo's of bolt on wheel adapter Z's. One had the front right corner bent in such a way that the wheel was still attached to the strut, but was basically parallel with the hood. Bolt on wheel adapters were just fine in this case, but the rest of the car was hooped.

The only pitfall with these adapters are making sure the inside nuts stay tight. Locktite recommended here since you won't be checking those nuts as often as you would the outside ones. Other than that, they are great.

• 5 months later...