HybridZ

Drag Racing rules question......

80LS1T

Well I havent been to the track yet with my car but this summe I will be going down to the 1/4 mile for sure! Anyways, I dont konw much about what I need as far as safety stuff.....I should be in low 12's.

Now about a clutch depression switch...do I need one? or can I use a brake switch to stop the car from starting when in gear? I have a manual tranny... I already have the brake switch from when my car had the auto in it so that would be easier but if Im going to have to put a clutch switch in then I will.

What about roll bar stuff? I have a 4 point....I was to broke at the time to get a 6 or 8 point :oops:

Oh and driveshaft loop? I am going to get one aways just to be safe but is it required?

I think thats all for now.....anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Guy :D

Guest 81na ZX

For NHRA:

12.00 to 13.99

Driveshaft Loop

Helmet

Liquid Overflow (1pt min)

Roll Bar Padding - but you don't need a roll bar till 11.99 and a full cage at 10.99

Ok well I dont have a overflow bottle for my coolant. Its either full or not full! LOL Is that ok too? Coolant cant leak out unless a hose leaks.

Anybody know about the clutch pedal/brake switch for a manual tranny?

Guy

Mike Kelly just had someone test drive his for sale Mustang right through his patio doors. Said the guy was trying to find park (on a manual transmission) when it happened.

Maybe a clutch switch had nothing to do with it, but the point is it might help someone who is unfamiliar with your car from doing something stupid. I say it can't hurt so why not put one on?

I doubt you don't have a need for coolant overflow: what happens when the radiator cap lifts?

There is where you need to connect the overflow bottle.

You are swapping in the standard pedal cluster, to actuate your clutch, right? Teh clutch switch should be there and with the FSM you should be able to find the wires to hook up.

You can also use the nuetral/park wires from the tranny on the switch attached to the clutch pedal.

what happens when the radiator cap lifts?

You know I never really though about that? Maybe I should put one in? When I had the 280ZX one in there it kept gettin pressurized and blowing coolant out of it! So I just took it out! LOL Now that I think about it I know why it was doing that, I had it hooked up wrong. I think I will put that back in! :D Thanks for making me think! LOL :D

Ok now about the clutch pedal switch, yes I pu a clutch pedal in but no I did not install the whole manual tranny pedal assembly....just the clutch pedal part. I also had to modify the pedal so that I could get full travel(I used the Z28 pedal assembly), so now that switch that was in there doesnt really fit. Its no big deal I can make a braket to hold a switch I was just curious about the rules...

Yeah after hearing about Mike's misfortune, I know I will be installing a switch! :wink::D

Thanks,

Guy

Coolant cant leak out unless a hose leaks.

Anybody know about the clutch pedal/brake switch for a manual tranny?

Guy

You don't need any saftey switches.

Overflow..

With heat comes more pressure, too much and the saftey feature in the cap lets it out.

You need a helmet for 13.00-13.99. You'll need the D shaft loop for anything in the 12's. If you have a loop tell the tech guy or he'll assume you won't be in the 12's and you'll end up going back to tech if you run your 12. I think 11.9 is were you need the cage/bar, I haven't got there yet.