HybridZ

Check my new Sidepipes/Intercooler!

This was a great day. Sam Bluto, Ivan280zt, and myself all went up to Mat73gnz's house and welded up the IC and sectioned some strut tubes for Ivan's car.

Well I just had to take this picture! The long section of IC pipe just looked too perfect . . .

Img_0036.jpg

Here's how it turned out . . . The IC is a Spearco 27x10x3. It just barely fits width wise.

Img_0040.jpg

Img_0041.jpg

Hope to see alot of you at Reynolds!

Garrett

Who's that sexy guy welding those side pipes? To bad I'm wearing my work clothes. :D Hey, Garrett, I just remembered that I still have that aluminum stock you bought from Ace Hardware to make your intercooler brackets :wink: . This little project was fun, although it took a lot longer than expected with all the running around for silicone couplers/adaptors and a new tank of sheilding gas for the welder. Those 90 degree silicone bends saved a lot of time. I'm just glad Pegasus is right down the road.

Garretts Z really moves pretty good after the intercooler install, I can attest to that!

Ivan,

If you see this, e-mail me about your strut housing.

!M!

HOLY COW GARRETT.. :shock: THAT THING IS HUGH!!.. what are you compensting for eh????? LOL..Oh yeah.. HEAT... :-D How much boost are you running now? still on stock turbo? stock injectors? I installed my boost controller tonight and turned it up to 10psi.. I was not ready for the amount of power that gave me.. In first gear from a roll when boost builds it will start slipping the wheels abit. Feels soo much better then it did at 7lbs of boost. See you guys at reynolds!!!!!.. PS.. hows Ivans Z going?? yall going to be able to bring it??

From what I hear, Ivan pulled the plug on his project. It's still going to be finished, but not in time for the meet.

Garrett is very influential. I ended up pulling my Z out today to check everything over to see if it's ready for a journey. First time I've driven it in many months. So far so good. The only thing that worries me, is the fact that I've been trying to blow up the engine and related drive train last year, because it's going to get replaced anyhow (come on, how many times can you do this :D . If I don't make it to Reynolds with my Z, most likely it's because of a situation that I can't control, becasue the Z seems ready to go. Garrett was filled in about my situation. I'm hopping that I can make it. I'm getting ready for the trip anyhow.

!M!

Guest bastaad525

Garret76zt - holy crap bro we must be related!!!! For one, I'm always talking about how I want to do some shelby cobra-style side exhuasts on my car. For two, your setup looks very simliar to mine (though my I/C isnt in yet, though that is EXACTLY how mine is going to be installed, with the piping and such) for instance, the early 280 manifold, with my boost gauge hooked up to the same place. For three, my car is 'two tone' just like yours, except mine is blue on the outside with a factory orange engine bay... Four, we're both running ZX rims! Though I'm running the four-point or 'swastika' types... honestly though i've always liked the 6 point stars better. Heh okay so similiarly dissimiliar...

Oh but I gotta say thanks btw, was wondering where would be a good place to install the MSD FPR I am going to be getting soon, and your mounting place looks as good as any :) so thanks for the idea!