HybridZ

G-Tech Pro - can be bought new for $49.95

pparaska

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine over the phone. I received it a week later. This is a good deal. The company deals more with avaition equipment and gps stuff. That's why there is not much for the automotive industry. If you were looking to get one, don't pass this up.

Guest Pete's_Test_User

Glad they are on Ebay too - but mine came through from jadeals.com - along with that Aircraft/Auto Michelin care kit - nice kit for $20!

I ordered mine from this jadeals and it arrives tomorrow. Our club just had a dyno day so I should have a good opportunity to test it's accuracy.

I have heard they (old style) are pretty accurate, but haven't heard much about the new ones yet.

Guest bastaad525

Do a search on Google, I typed in "G-tech accuracy" you'll get a lot of links to Tesla's website and other retailers, but amongst those I found quite a few links to forums or personal web pages where guys discuss the accuracy of the G-tech, many of them specifically talking about the older model. I found quite a few sites where guys did use them while at the dragstrip to compare just how accurate they are. Times were usually very close if not exact for both 0-60 and 1/4 mile, or varied by maybe a few tenths at most. It also shows trap speed but trapspeed is ALWAYS going to show higher than what your timeslip will say by 3-4mph, as the Gtech reads your mph at the very end of the 1/4, whereas the track gives you an average of your mph over the last 30 or 60 feet or whatever. HP numbers is where the Gtech starts to waiver, but most owners have stated very clearly the importance of knowing the EXACT weight of the car with the driver inside, as any variance makes a big difference in what it tells you your hp and tq are. Also very important to be on perfectly level surface. But when those numbers are known exactly again it is said to be pretty accurate.

As a tool for comparing differences, like "does putting on a K&N really add any hp" or "does shifting at 5000rpm instead of 6000rpm make the car any faster/slower" it seems to be a very good little gadget. That'd be more why I want one, to test how much difference different launching techniques make, where to shift, and how much power you really get from 1psi of added boost. I'll be getting one hopefully this paycheck.