HybridZ

Ext. wastgate dump Loc.

JTabora

dumping to the atmosphere means that the air from the ext wastegate is directly releaseed into the air instead of a recirculating the "dump tube" that goes into the downpipe that goes out of the exhuast so it doesnt make a loud noise. just like how you could set an aftermarket bov to either dump into the atmosphere to make the whoosh sound compared to recirculating it by rerouting it back into the intake boot and you dont get the whoosh noise anywhere near as loud as you would if you would if you dumped it into the atmosphere

This is for the turbo guys w/ external wastegates. Don't want to dump ito the atmostpheres so I'm tryting to figure out where to route the dump tube. Should i just route into the downpipe or further along in the exhaust? Thanks

This answer would totally depend on your set up. I personally chose to dump mine strait into the atmo, because of it being the simplier of the two choices. I've had it both ways, and prefer this way. It's not all that loud...

LinkPhoto?GUID=1296650c-ef4b-7535-766c-1b4974bb6d3a&size=lg

LinkPhoto?GUID=3a77348b-44ca-3ffa-7f42-5c9258973f67&size=lg

Here is your first pic >>L28---2.jpg?phZWvZABN0OuNMIr

WOW' date=' thats a long wastegate pipe...

[img']http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2f145cb3/bc/Z+car/__sr_/wastegate.jpg?ph9PvZABOR.yLxAY[/img]

J. Soileau 74260zt,

i was just wondering if you were being sarcastic about you wastegate not being loud i also have mine dumping in atmosphere (deltagate) and you can hear me coming from about solid few blocks away (talk about attention whore :D j/k). here is the link to one of my first races against awd talon about 3/4 of video on my second run against him you can really hear the wastegate screaming...

http://home.comcast.net/~jrou111 then click on the video that said "(hard to see) Steve's 95 AWD Talon vs. 03 EVO, and vs. a 280z"

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

...i did mine like this:

Zcar_Dissembled_pics_002.jpg

yeah its ugly (but it works well)......i'm redoing it all now....i had to do it like that to get the deltagate to not hit the block. i now have a tial (not as big in diameter) i think it will fit right on the flange on the manifold (getting rid of the curved pipe is in the pics)..... ....s