HybridZ

I need weather stripping!

80LS1T

I started to take off all of my trim on my car tonight to get it ready for the body work/paint. I was removing my weather stripping for my T-Tops and I soon relized that I really need to replace all the weather stripping.

I looked on MSA site but they dont sell the t-top on body weather stripping. It says they are looking for a supplier but they dont have them right now. I tried to call them but I couldnt get threw before 5:00 tonight. So does anyone else sell weather stripping for our cars?

Thanks,

Guy :D

Sorry, I should of more strongly stated that the parts are not cheap seeing that I purchased the dash, center console, and front /rear bumper sets for my 72 240z restoration project from them!! And I thought the 75 280z sbc/ blower project was a big hit to the wallet :shock::shock:

Don't forget that the UPS man will want money when he delivers because of the customs fee that you have to pay :cry:

LARRY

Yo, i'd check these guys out too. Expensive, but at least you can compare.

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SWR02E

Personally it seems like it would be cheeper to call a company that could supply you with custom stripping. Buy i'm probly worng as usual...

Mine is a 80' 280z T top and the t tops leaks mildly says the past owner ( i just got it like 2 days ago.)

I'm not sure if i want to spend all that money. I might try to do a custom fix by using rubber sheeting. You know, cut it and adhesive it to the existing stripping. It'll be tight, but it would cost 50 bucks instead of 500 + for both T tops and doors.

Just a thought. Don't know how possible it is.

I dont mean to shoot you down but I really doubt that cutting some rubber and using an adhesive to stick it to the body will work. Weather strips are kind of something that you just have to bite the bullet on. :?

I asked at work today if they could call Nissan and ask them for prices but they gave me another guy to call first. Apperently he/the company makes weather stripping for most cars. A guy at work got all of the weather strips for his Cutlass for $66.00. I know a Datsun is not even clost to a Cutlass in comparision for parts prices but I have to try! :D I will let you guys know how it goes after I call on Monday!

Guy

Yea, your probly right about that. Weatherstipping isn't the simplist thing to get right.

But i'm kinda ghetto. I'd rather spend 10 bucks to experiment than not experiment at all.

I just hope i can get wholesale price through my friends auto shop. Should be a bit cheeper that way.

They only have the LH side and its for a 2+2, not only that but VB wants $290+shipping for that one seal! :shock: I have never orderd from VB because it always seems like their prices are higher than MSA.

I am trying to get a hold of the place that my parts guys told me to call but I keep getting the voice recorders and not a real person. I am going to keep trying but I doubt they have the seals I need. :(

Guy