HybridZ

S&S Headers Installed Pics...& Pics of myZ...

I uploaded some pics into the gallery... They show the motor from the underside... You can see how low the headers hang below the frame rail. You can also see the slight interferance of the P-side collector to the flange...

Yesterday I got some paint on the trans tunnel area, and the floorpans, as well as some of the frame rails... I'll be addressing the rest of the surface rust on the new rails later this week... I also finished up the sheetmetal filler around the fuel cell, and will pre and paint, then adhere that into place, drill mounting holes for the cell, and prep the rest of the undercarriage for paint.

mike

Stressed member... Hell I thought that was one of our unhappy Hybrid Family... :lol:

Nope, I've removed a couple of these... They hold NOTHING together if you plan to build elsewhere in the engine bey... I run a stress bar between the strut towers and I use a MUCH stonger brace at the lower mount area.

Mike

Sorry Null, the motor is back out and on the engine stand... It was a test fit, and I pulled all the data I needed... However, you would have to make your collector connection to the right header angled to miss the frame rail... That would be an issue to work out with the fitter, or to weld up yourself... not a huge concern, but one to be aware of. I'll be running 3 inch pipes all the way back, maybe 3.5 oval pipes... Not sure yet...

Mike 8)

THat pan is the original Moroso pan I used on the other build... And that right there is YOUR answer... If you think it was to low, well I drove with that pan for almost a year without dragging the pan on anything... It is an 8.25 inch deep pan.

Mike