HybridZ

brake bias Q

I installed a vacumn can in-line with my triple intake manifold and it has given me back the pedal feel I wanted. I was also able to lock up (and smoke) the brakes just like old times. I have Ross's rear disk set-up and the usual toyota's in front with Porterfields all around. I've got the bias to the point where front and rear lock at the same time. That's what I want, no? Or is a little rear brake bias better? Your thoughts...and thanks

When I first adjusted the bias in my car, I adjusted the brakes so that all four wheels locked at about the same time (on flat pavement). A couple of days later, I was coming off the interstate, and down an off-ramp when I applied the brakes kind of hard. The car tried to swap ends.

I suggest that you find the point where all four wheels lock on flat pavement, and then reduce the pressure to the back (just a little).

Next, I would find a down hill section of road and carefully test the brakes for proper lockup. If the rear brakes lock first , the car will spin.