HybridZ

Will the Z gods ever forgive me???

Poundz9oh9

Marcus,

Looks great! :2thumbs: Looks like a aftermarket hood scoop that you can buy for a late model Camaro. Also looks similar to the Ferrari scoop pictured. Kind of like a large NACA duct blended into the stock hood bulge. Low, subtle, and yet so cool looking. I love it!

!M!

Guest zfan

I really like the hood idea, awsome to say the least. I do have a question for you. What wheels are those on your Z? I like the look and style.

Thanks, Mike

Dude, you suck! :wink: I was planning to start doing the same thing on my hood in a few weeks. It's not a huge abstract on the car, but gives it that subtle, factory-looking appearance. Looks great man -- just more inspiration for me to start on mine :2thumbs:

Thanks for the compliments guys. The scoop was an aftermarket fiber glass chevy SS style scoop that I finally found through a lot of online searching that took place over a period of a few months to find exactly what I was looking for. It sat in the garage for about 8 months and I was planning on doing myself BUT when the guy at the exhaust shop killed my front end and paid me to have it fixed I figured what the hell, I'll just pay the shop to do it while it's there. I always wanted a Camaro SS, that's what got me thinking about that type of hood style and I thought it would look great on the Z. AND I wanted to be the first to do it. So that I could stake my claim in HybridZ history :D

Oh, the wheels are from an Austrailian company called ROH. They were on the car when I got it. I did an online search and found them. I haven't looked lately but when I found them they no longer offered that style. I've only seen them on one other Z too!!!!!

Sweet, I nailed the scoop on the head :D As for being the first one to do that hood scoop on a Z, you just never really know. Still, it looks amazing on the Z. It fits the size and shape of the S30 nicely, good thinkin' :wink: .

!M!

hey marcus, where'd you get those turn signals from? I was planning on doing something similar, with taller signals to fit the whole grill area. I was thinking of doing that cuz when I cracked my airdam it was dragging on the floor and I lost my driverside turnsignal somewhere. And just trying to find that signal at the pick a part is hopeless. For the airdam I was planning on filling the whole signal light area with fiberglass, unless I find a driver side light for cheap.

Jason

Hey Jason,

The turn signals are just some LED style marker lights off the shelf from pep-boys. Pretty cheap, but they're not bright enough during the day. I'm gonna go with something a little bigger when I decide what I'm gonna do with the grill area. You got a PM too!!

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Any chance you might let it slip where you got it and what the part number might be????? You know just for the sake of documentation..

I have to say that is one hell of a good looking hood..........

Jeff