HybridZ

Is it possible...

So a non LSD 240 can consistently spin both wheels in a burnout box? I'm trying to determine whether or not I'll need another diff( I'm assuming that I have a R180 but I'm not sure). All my previous vehicles (open diff) peglegged when burning rubber. My 240 has consistently left two nice patches of pirrelli on the ground upon burnout. I'm curious. If I jack the rear wheels off the ground and turn one of the drive wheels, which way should the opposing wheel spin if I have a lsd? It's probably just wishful thinking, but it would be nice to find out that I have an lsd in there. Thanks for all your input!

What kind of vehicles did you have previously? Did they have independent rear suspension? The independent rear supsesion causes this to happen.(not sure on the exact reason)

My open diff in my 280ZX will leave to patches all day long.

Oh and if you have an LSD both the rear wheels will spin in the same direction when jacked up off the ground. If its an open diff then they will spin in opposite directions.

Guy

If I jack the rear wheels off the ground and turn one of the drive wheels, which way should the opposing wheel spin if I have a lsd? It's probably just wishful thinking, but it would be nice to find out that I have an lsd in there. Thanks for all your input!

There's only one way to determine if you have a LSD. Take off the rear cover and look inside. Spinning the wheels DOES NOT WORK despite all the posts that people will make to the contrary. I can weld up an open diff, fill the case with 140wt and sawdust, or do any number of other things to make the "spinning the wheels" myth fail.

BTW... The odds are 90% that you do not have a LSD in your R180.

So a non LSD 240 can consistently spin both wheels in a burnout box?

The word "consistently" is the issue. I would have to say a big "NO" to that' date=' but it can be done. Only a true LSD or locker will always due it!![/quote']

I can.

So a non LSD 240 can consistently spin both wheels in a burnout box?

The word "consistently" is the issue. I would have to say a big "NO" to that' date=' but it can be done. Only a true LSD or locker will always due it!![/quote']

I can.

Ahh. A man of few words!

Guest bastaad525

In my turbo with open 3.54 and the most unsticky tires on earth, it will only ever spin the passenger side rear.