HybridZ

Took some pics of the Z at the beach today. (56K friendly)

Chris-280ZX

Well, finally got the tension rod in the Z and decided to take it out and snap some pictures of it. Invited Kenny(Z32TT) to come along, but he BSed some excuse (something about his ECU was shipped off for reprogramming....blah....sounds like some fancy horsesh*t to me). I think they turned out pretty good. If you want some hi-res, just let me know.

DSC00479.jpg

My favorite:

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

Airplane:

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

There's a lot more where that came from right here:

http://www.dirtcheaprims.com/ztuff/beach/

Had a hard time choosing, I actually took some great pics :)

*Picture whoring off*

Chris, Great pics man.. Looks like the gulf coast.. around destin? I love the white sandy beaches on the gulf.. I looked at the rest of your site and saw the CRAZY bike vid. Did you do the editing on that? it was done very well. At any rate.. great pics man.. :-D

Hmm....as far as the raised look in the rear goes, it used to be a lot worse. I have aftermarket suspension (Moog springs, Tokico shocks/struts, urethane bushings) and it was so tight, that the rear does appeared raised. It's settled a little over the last year or two. I kinda like it, but the wheel gap does suck. Maybe bigger rims? :)

Pictures taking at Panama City Beach....very close to Destin :) Sand is practically the same in both places, hard to tell the difference.

As far as the videos on my site, yes...I record and edit all of them. Have a pretty decent Panasonic Digi Vid Cam and edit with Adobe Premiere. Fun stuff :) Should have some vids up of my friend's Saturn that just added the spray to his list of mods. Stay tuned!

I had moog springs on another 280zxt 10 years ago, they absolutely sucked, and they raised the car. I had also tried the suspension techniques, they handled great, but they tend to rattle one's kidneys. Bigger rims will fill the gap, but not the ride height or handling and will make the car slower (assuming larger rolling diameter to fill in the gap). Do yourself a favor and get some eibach springs. they are the best springs for the 280zx short of coilovers such as on yasin's car.

Get the Moogs out, your car will handle ten times better. You won't regret the $220 dollar and one saturday spent on putting in the new springs.

Here was the height of my stock '83 ZXT:

FRONT:

13823059.jpg

REAR:

13822338.jpg

After the coilovers, I wound them down for these pictures and the car no longers sits this low but gives you an idea that you can absolutely lay the car down:

13822699.jpg

13822322.jpg

13822319.jpg

The coilovers in the rear are a pain in the A$$ to make, but worth it for the handling, ride and look. Otherwise I strongly recommend taking Afhsin's suggestion and buy the Eibachs.

Regards - Yasin