HybridZ

Needed ASAP... Line on an LS1 Block...

So my engine builder was preparing the block for the build on the Vette motor project when he found a long crack in the main oil Galley at a web intersection... Further review caused much more concern and we ended up tossing the block completetly... So Now I'm on the hunt. Anyone have any leads on a bare LS1 Block? I need one ASAP.

Mike :roll:

He sells lots of them. The reserve is like $750 if you want to bid. I know it's steep but you get what you pay for. With the description of you plans a new block just might be the way to go.

Best of luck!

Guest KSGerry

I've got new LS-1 blocks, heads and crankshafts for sale along with new, bare GM 454 big blocks and 8.1 liter crankshafts.

Ford engine components too.

LS-1 block is $500.dollars plus packaging and shipping. I've got a new block at a builder in Indianapolis that I'll sell for $400.dollars plus s & h.

Regards,

Gerry Dedonis

dedonis@kans.com

Kansas Engines

Do the OEM LSI blocks really go for around $500?

That's quite amazing, to me at least. Aftermarket aluminum blocks go for $3500 and up! (that's Gen I SBC; Mark IV BBC, with which I am somewhat more familiar, are even higher - typically much higher).

Guest KSGerry
Do the OEM LSI blocks really go for around $500?

That's quite amazing' date=' to me at least. Aftermarket aluminum blocks go for $3500 and up! (that's Gen I SBC; Mark IV BBC, with which I am somewhat more familiar, are even higher - typically much higher).[/quote']

I think the dealer's retail price for a new, bare LS-1 block is about $1250.dollars. My LS-1 blocks, heads, crankshafts, etc. are new, old stock surplus blocks dated 2001.

Evidently, GM made more than they could use. Bad for them but good for you and me! :D

Regards,

Gerry Dedonis