HybridZ

Datsun Z racing Brakes, 5-lug Aluminum front hubs etc.

Arizona z car has been making complete racing brake kits for the 70-78

Z for 20 years , I should be flattered by some of the copies of it floating around.

But take a look at whats included ie. calipers, pads , fittings , braided

line, hats , brackets, proportioning valve etc. and you'll see that you get what you pay for.

Our 5-lug kit comes with aluminum front hubs with the races, and studs installed, bearings and seals are included.....the rear rotor center is it's own adapter and all hardware is included.

I use Wilwood FORGED aluminum 4-piston calipers and CERAMIC PADS my kits.

Mention that you a Hybrid Z member and get free shipping now on any brake kit (USA 48 states only)

Please check out http://www.arizonazcar.com

Thanks very much,

Dave

I dont go to the classified section much, but I always read the std forums. Personally I dont mind a plug here or there. At least it makes me aware of whats out there. Maybe just make it known in the header that it's a plug and if folks dont want to read it they can pass it up.

Looks like nice stuff Dave.

Dale

What's just the 5 lug conversion (pictured below) cost for the front and does it maintain the stock wheel base?. I have 15X3s with 1 3/4 BS will they clear the calipers without spacers?

I will be running willoods on the rear with my 8.8 conversion and would like a matching set of brakes ;>

BTW dave this is clint from alaska used to live in japan.. i sent you a bunch of stuff from japan. Remember me ?

Here is a pic of the setup im refering to just incase i wasnt clear on the setup i wanted

F5LUGSTRUT.jpg

Guest plutovitch

Ive been looking at daves brakes for some time :shock: but I still dont know what size wheels they clear, 16s? 17s? :roll: Any ideas?

cheers

Hi guys,

Both my 4-lug and 5-lug brake kits require a wheel with an inside diameter of 345mm (13.58") some 15's will work (panasport) but I reccomend larger especially since 17" wheels and tires are really cheap and available right now.

Front Caliper clearance:

5-lug: the caliper does not extend past the mounting surface of the hub.

4-lug: the caliper overhangs the hub by 1/2"

The rears aren't an issue if you can clear the front then the rears will fit too.

Although I normally sell the 5-lug front and rear together I can sell just the 5-lug fronts for $1150 for the pair which includes the calipers, brackets, rotors, rotor centers, the aluminum hubs, bearings, seals, pads, brake lines, nuts, bolts, lockwashers, fittings, spindle nuts and washers, cotter pins. The races and studs come pre-installed. The studs can be either 1/2 fine screw in or 12mm X 1.5 pressed in.

My 5-lug kit adds about 3/4' to the offset so it makes it easier to fit wheels

with more backspace than would normally fit the Z.

If your only gonna' have one set of wheels the added expense of the 5-lug kit is less worthwhile (other than the weight savings of the aluminum hubs) but if you're use multiple sets (race and street etc) the 5-lug kit opens up a whole world of availability. When shopping for wheels for the 5-lug kit the fitment and bolt pattern is basically like late model Mustang.

Running the coil-over setup would allow another inch of backspace.

The 4-lug kit really doesn't change the offset so backspace remains the same as stock.

Here's a pic of the 4-lug kit installed on a strut

4lugf.jpg

Thanks very much for all the intelligent questions and input.

Dave

http://www.arizonazcar.com

2043 E Quartz St.

mesa AZ 85213

480-844-9677

dave@arizonazcar.com

Sorry if you put it in there but i didnt see it and i was in a hurry.....

Will the 5 lug brakes clear 15x3 inch wheels with 1 3/4 BS. If it does i will be giving you a call shortly.

Clint