HybridZ

Dyno and 1/8 et results To low/ to high

I blew up you dyno sheet but as much as i can read of it, it doesn't tell me what trans you're running, tire height, shift RPM, boost response/recovery or your timing. All these things can have a major effect on how your Z is going to accelerate. Maybe one of these other guys can figure out what's up with your Z by your sheet. Sorry i can't be more of a help with the info you've posted Datsunun.

Jersey my tires are 16 225 50's I have not measured the hieght. All I know about the trany is that I believe it came from a mid 70's z. My turbo hits boost by about 3500 and starts loosing power at around 5500 so I,m shifting at 5300-5500, my shifts are not to smooth dew to my trany is a POS. Boost does come back on very quickly so I guess my only probem besides lack of hp is my trany. What should I look for? Bourg Warner? What mods are you running on your car? That goes for you to 240hoke. What cha got in there? I'm thinking besides my problem with my timing maybe I need a better ignition mod MSD 6A? Are you guys using one? I read somewhere that if I hooked my coil up wrong that the car will still run but not get good spark. The blue wire goes to the + and the black to the - on the coil right?

http://www.prestage.com

Claims 1/4 = 1.5832 * 1/8

I suspect something when there are that many digits of precision. So don't shoot the messenger, and for turbo's I would suspect 1.5 MAY be closer since your motors are coming alive while NA's tend to be laying down. It would be interesting to know if NA and Charged have different conversions, seems logical that they would.

Shane,

Small world it is indeed. I know Jodie Garcia, he is a friend of mine. He showed me videos of your run while at the track with his Dad's monster Healy :shock:

7.40's would come out to 11.60 to 11.80's I would guess. But just a guess.

Mike

I haven't taken it too the dyno yet but, hopefully soon. The 2.5" DP is a great improvement over the stock 90deg cast DP, in my opinion. I don't have any #'s to compare between the two but, it really seemed to allow the T3 to breath much easier. No bottom end lost that i can tell. All gains. I like the MSD unit. I can spead the gap a little more on my plugs which creates a better burn and it seemed to clear up a little miss i had, which i didn't really know i had until i installed the MSD. I think if your thowing a lot of air and fuel around, a stong spark is a good idea.