HybridZ

Dyno and 1/8 et results To low/ to high

Well this was not what I was hoping for but it's a starting point I guess. You can see at the bottom of my post what my motor has and I was hoping to get over 300rwhp and under 8.8 for the 1/8 tha way I know I could run 12's in the 1/4. Any ideas? Are these good #'s or should I be putting down more than this?

PS See my post further down for my dyno and ET I know the Et is hard to read but thats as good as it gets.

8.8 if definitly not good numbers for your setup, that is if you are maxing it out. Not sure how much hp you are putting down but i should think it would be in the 350 range.

When i was running 11psi of boost i ran a 13.0 in the 1/4 and a 8.4 in the 1/8 just to give you an idea, and i know that i could have run that faster. I had 245hp then and 305 ft/lbs.

-Austin

I run an 8.3 @ 86 that got me a 12.8 in the 1/4. I dyno'd my car last year and got a sea level corrected 313 rwhp. This is running 16 psi boost at 5000' altitude.

Something is definitely off in your tuning - I would expect you would be deep into the 12s with your setup, I know someone who had the same setup as you into the high 11s with slicks.

Sorry, but i missed what year Z your running? If i REALLLY sqwink :), it looks like you turned a 2.117 60ft? About a week or so ago, i ran a 2.118 (these are pretty slow 60's) but did pull a 8.48 @ 88.5mph and a 12.8 @ 112mph. With the amount of upgrades you did, you should be smoking my times. Then again, i don't know what the weight of your Z is and you said you're running a T3/T4? What configuration? It may be that it takes your T a little bit to spool causing your slower 1/8 track time. It may really come alive after that and still get into the 12's. Still, noce pull and nice runs.

Yeh Jersy I'm in a 73 240 also ncie and light. My rt was a.88 (first time dragging) 60ft was a 2.1 1/8 at 81mph 9.11. I think somethings a miss with my motor? I'm running a cheep cone paper air filter so I'm not sure I"m getting enough air, if you look at my dyno run I'm a little rich and I'm not talking about the green. At the track I was only running 14psi max so I was probably a little shy of my dyno power #s. I don't know what the trim on my turbo is I guess I should find out. All I know is this thing a'nt fast enough.

Didnt do anygood tonight. I shouldnt have said anything :oops:

anyway i only got three runs in before i had to come home(gotta be home by 9:00 to study for exams mommy's orders :wink:). I had sucky starts and shifted slow. But enough of my complaining. Even with bad driving i ran an 8.6@86.2 (15psi) I should be good for at least 8.3 or better. Oh well theres always next week...

Although i will it might just be your driving. I dont know how much expirience you have but launching a turbo can and keeping it in boost when you shift is a little tricky and thats were the time really is.

-Austin

Even when they get fast, they STILL aint fast enough :) Quick couple of questions -

What trans?

What's your tire height?

What rpm are you shifting at?

Does boost build quick?

At what RPM does boost hit at?

Does it go right back to the same boost level after shifting?

What's your timing set at?

Something does sound a little off. If you can find out more about the T3/T4, that may be your answer. Keep us posted.

Dude those are some good times! Jersey can you see my post yet on the dyno run. That will answer many of your questions. I don't know what trans it is but it does'nt sound very good and will not last much longer. I have problems shifting it even when I'm not racing. I'm a bit more concerned about my dyno results. Give me some input on that if you can see it yet Thanks Paul