HybridZ

NICE CAR!

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

Have any of you guys seen this before? It's a Lotus Elise. If it has hit the American market already then it's only been here a year or so. But I do know they will be available here in the U.S.A. in 2005.

The specs say it only weighs 1975lbs. and has a 190hp. mid-mounted engine and has a low 13-sec. 1/4 mile. Sounds like the handling is awesome on it as well!

Thumbnails.aspx?thumb=S5z2!f82IQM36ePwdDIAvjad2lajHlhK57hiSdX6U44MFfU933fDjB6Z1hWy6XtYSbamcTCVTjCLYr2g9eWnq4fp6IMpDb09QYE9Dn4mSW4MQCMv4AvM2ifw7skEorSR9m

Thumbnails.aspx?thumb=S5CLnY1NL-yFyYzX8sKKNPYMguHrLP9F6SSMdSN!nyhTKCYvj9IDEdHhGnCFQ0TChuYzC0fUPkule!KPNXx-I!owjEld8PPl5N

Thumbnails.aspx?thumb=S5aXQ6E6H4KlnsdTY81vsDZrq51!HhGNokzfysjsCKvk3kDFWKaXOtSqMXhwDLiEc18n7LSNxRhFpxZZ4LBzHr-DLgxWVrAn2u

Thumbnails.aspx?thumb=S5aXQ6E6H4KlkeNXbiua1VT!xKjEbuxGDDE-4-nTYhWpTe2dL4fTaoPO6QjJ8UZLFrIB70PXzxucJCIrisVdY5Vyk28Ylr8AWP

Thumbnails.aspx?thumb=S55bfzQn-9Lah2bdemMrDH22sXL6vuSna1IQafunQHbH3hfDaWD6JioIKO2LAu9pwyca3X3AP68E0tpgNvs5c-SuBtvuf-tOaGAfX08DIAaM8_

Guest plainswolf

I'm 6-1... one thing I love about my 1st.gen datsun is that I actually have headroom... Im not so sure I would in these.. I'd love to compare headroom measurements though... what , exactly IS the headroom specs/ measurement on a first generation Zcar?

These weighed 1,450 lbs to start with, to think of one on the street sends a chill up my spine. If I was paid a million bucks to try and keep up with any production car in a race through town, this would be my last choice for sure. :P

lotus1.jpg

These are really interesting cars. I think HeavyZ was right with the weight being closer to 1400lbs, but either way they weigh nothing. The chassis is incredibly stiff, and it uses aluminum panels and tubing glued together. Yea glued, its quite odd but cool. I have seen elises with quite a few different engines. First they came with a rover inline 4 with 111 hp, now i think they have the toyota mr-s engine and tranny with some mods. I am not sure if lotus uses the new true sequential tranny that is available with the mr-s, but in any case they should. I have also seen a civic type r powered elise, and one oddball with the drivetrain from an audi s4...it was awd. I will see if i can find that.

The Elise in the subject of this month's comparo-cover story in Car & Driver. I quickly skimmed the article a couple of nights ago. The test car weighed 1900lbs. The Lotus tuned Toyota power plant came in at 190hp; had a 4.4 second 0 to 60; ran a 13.2@104 in the quarter-mile. I think the skid pad numbers were 1.06g. Very cool little ride!!

They were comparing it against a Lotus Super Seven replica, a Factory Five Cobra replica, a Honda S2000 and a MazdaSpeed Miata.

Guest 280ZX_Classic

SteveO beat me to it. I was flipping through old sportcompactcar mags for like an hour afte I read the first post. The type R powered car beat the living hell out of a 2000 Cobra R, which had an underrated 380 HP with just an engine, no passenger seat, back seat, ac, radio, nothing. It was a good test, and both cars came in with poor times due to the heat, so the elise was even faster than the article gave it credit for.