HybridZ

Beware of George G. Robbins (aka: reddat)!!!

texasz

Guest zverybest
I mailed my parts back, we'll see how long for a refund.

Don't wait for it. Make sure you report it to PayPal through the proper channels so that they can lean on him if he doesn't pay you back. Make sure you have a tracking number, and scream as often as possible to whomever will listen. If he got you for the excess shipping, make sure that PayPal understands this.

And whatever you do, make certain that he doesn't stall you. Be aware of when PayPal will close the case because it's doubtful they'll reopen it. And know how long it will be before your time to give him feedback expires.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together. And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ♥♥♥♥, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

Thats a quote from the movie "Snatch"! I love that movie, one of my favorites. Especially the scene where the guy is trying to back up the jag and runs into the truck behind him.

• 1 month later...

I also had an unpleasant eBay transaction with this clown. I won two auctions from him, an underhood label and a set of spark plug wire looms. He sent me two PayPal bills for the transactions and the shipping charge for the label was $10 and the shipping for the looms was a surprising $20. I asked him to combine the shipments into one box and re-quote and so he sent me a bill that had a $30 shipping charge (!). WTF. We eventually agreed at a $10 shipping charge and he sent both my items in a regular sized envelope and the actual postage was like 95¢.

That’s sounds like the console he bought from me. I originally bought an early 240Z reproduction console from Motorsport Auto several years ago for $150. I stored it (unopened) in its shipping box for about two years (until I needed it) and when I finally opened the box to install it I discovered that it was a rather poor reproduction. Disgusted, I put it on eBay with full disclosure of it’s condition and as a result it sold for the opening bid of only $45. Reddat was the only bidder.

A few weeks later I noticed he was selling a “new†early 240Z console for almost $300. The listing implied that it was a NOS part and none of the problems with the console were mentioned. Maybe it was a coincidence? But I don’t think so….

Hmmm...I bought the same exact console and he also has another listed on Ebay. I admit I was a little pissed that it wasn't a NOS piece and then went back to re-read his auction. Unfortunately, it only says "new" not NOS...and it was new. Admittedly, he should have listed it as a reproduction. As far as it being a poor re-pop, I have to disagree. I think you could beat an elephant to death with this thing and it'll hold together.

Having said that it did need to be trimmed to fit the fuse cover and choke lever plate, but it turned out great. Compared to the genuine used console I bought, I liked the fact that the reproduction used the woven fiberglass cloth vs the blown strand cloth and it'll hold me weight when I lean on it without a sound...my original one and the used one I bought would make cracking noises.

I was and still am a little pissed about a set of door arm rests I bought from him...kinda flimsy and cheap, but better than about 99% of the used stuff I've seen which is in the exact same shape as the ones that came with my car.

Overall I gotta say though that I've had pretty good transactions with him. His shipping was always fair and he packaged the stuff up nicely. Finally lots of people will flat try and screw me on shipping because I have an FPO/AP address and for some reason they automatically jack up the shipping even though it's the same rates as domestic USPS pri mail...but George didn't and I got my stuff quickly...7-10 days which is blazing fast for out here.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to say a positive note on this clown.

I bought some oil pump bolts from him, they were the right sizes and lengths and I just couldn't find replacement ones anywhere.

I paid about 26$ I think for those 4 bolts, shipping included in that price where just the bolts was 18$. So it was a good purchase IMO only cause I NEEDED those bolts as I had accidently over torqued mine and they broke. I made that purchase as of 01/12/11. Otherwise a terrible purchase I'm sure If I could have found those bolts within the first 2 weeks of searching.

So I thank him for selling me those bolts, maybe I should have looked harder (I really think I exhausted my resources though, looking around town and in state, and all auto parts places, but that was a while ago so I'm sure with the knowledge I have now of where to look, I could have gotten those bolts quite a bit cheaper).

I think this guy is only good at selling "NOS" cast iron/steel things such as the bolts. Nothing more from what I'm reading although his stuff looks good. I'll beware about buying from him. I had to resurrect the thread for that reason. A laugh, and ONE positive thing.