HybridZ

rad install + pics!

lilj

FINALLY, after 2 months of having the radiator.. i got the welding done, and finally installed it. although i havn't actually bolted it into the car yet ;)

it fits quite snug and doesnt move at all =x ended up having to buy a flex rad hose kit, and boy its nice.. the only way this ever ended up working.

install2.jpg

install5.jpg

install4.jpg

more pics @ http://www.untraceable.org/z/radiator/

wow im telling you, it looks so out of place in my engine bay (all the chrome, eww =P)

now my car won't even get to operating temp with the little ac condenser fan on. its like 95 degrees here and it runs cold with no fan :shock: any ideas on what i should do to get it to run at 180? =|

lol.. before i had a problem with overheating, now its underheating!!! :o

later,

-jon

lol, i just replaced it =|

my car just sits there and runs 140 degrees all the time! lol.. and thats w/o fan. fun times fun times.. i'll probably buy another thermostat, i guess mine was defective =P

thanks for the reply ;)

I was aksing him about the aluminum rad install, he said it was the best thing he had ever done for his car to keep it cool. the car immediately became about 50 degrees colder just from the rad install.

I think you cant go wrong and well now your staying nice and cool, though just a lil bit to cool.

Is that the 26"x19" Griffin? Thats what I have in my car with the SBC and I love it. It does fit perfect! :D Mine too runs at pretty much whatever temp I want it to, since my fan is controlled with a temperature controlled relay! :D

Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

the aluminum radiator is a great install. now remember that engine temps get hotter before the radiator. the radiator is a reservoir of cooled water. once the thermostat opens we get the rush of cooled water going through then the thermostat closes to start the cycle over and over. this makes better sense when the car is moving without a fan. . when at idles the aluminum over stock radiator cools so well without a fan the thermostat actually closes and opens. I have been thinking alot about this install. it just sucks that I paid 200 for a new radiator 2 yrs ago. So its hard to part right now.

Take it easy Juan

Man i must be doing something wrong. I'm running a huge Rond Davis radiator with twin cooling fans anything under like 50mph i gotta have the fans on too keep it cool. I do live in a very hot enviroment though. I've got the 50/50 mix, a cold 160 thermostat. I'm thinking about buying some of the special products that enhance the radiators performance, i think redline sells a product that you can add in. I just don't get it. :( Only gets hot when i get hard on the revs though... that's to be expected. otherwise like tuning my carbs sitn' in the driveway i only turn one fan on and the temp never moves.

-Ed

Ed I would replace the Thermostat. Ive had 2 faulty ones in a row. Refer to juans post above to see what happens when the coolant does not stay in the radiator long enough to cool. Are your fans pulling or pushing. Also you only need about a 30/70 coolant/water mix if you are in a warm climate. The 30% coolant is just so your coolant system stays lubed and doesnt corrode. You can run straight water with an addative such as the redline product which reduces temps and lubricates the coolant system. Then you dont need any antifreeze. Oh yeah your biggest problem is under 50 mph in a red z is just not allowed :D

Ed- try running less than a 50/50 ratio something like 25/75 with Redline waterwetter. I'm running a new stock radiator and a large 16" puller fan and I don't have any proublem with mine. I also run a 180 Nissan thermostat and an oil cooler off an automatic turbo Z.