HybridZ

Installed My Corbeau Seats - Pics!

slownrusty

Well I finally got my Corbeau A4 seats after a really long wait. I previously upgraded my car with seats out of a 1987 Turbo 300ZX Z31.

The Corbeau A4 are very light (25lbs!!) and are fully adjustable reclinable with a tilt lever.

The Corbeaus feel great and as I am fairly tall and thin, I fit well in them, I sit higher in Corbeaus than in the Z31 seats. These Corbeaus keep you well cocooned with the aggressive bolstering and would be awesome for a track day or a full day of spirited driving. Your lower back is well supported on them as well (which is very important for me). The Z31 seats are also very comfortable and its hard not too find a comfy position on them.

The Corbeau is so tall that when you tilt the seat forward it rubs on the T-Top handle and actually touches the sun visor, no biggie, just an interesting observation.

The installation went smoothly as I bought the Corbeau specific brackets which re-mounts the seat belt receptacle on the seat bracket.

My wife got jealous after sitting in Corbeaus and wanted to know when the seats in her Civic will get upgraded, I half joked about making some brackets and installing the Z31 seats in her car!!

Here are the Z31 I originally had in the car:

8590619.jpg

Corbeau and Z31 seats side by side:

56468012.jpg

56468009.jpg

Installed:

56468005.jpg

56468002.jpg

Enjoy - Yasin

Great, I ordered a set of A4's last week and hope to have them on Monday. I didn't order any brackets or options. Hopefully I can install the sliders without an adaptor, but if not I can make one out of some aluminum stock I have floating around here. Looks close on the seat belt from you picture and I am a little worried about that but I plan on a roll bar next month and will be upgrading the belts. I am about 5'6 and weigh about 145 so I should fit ok and look forward to sitting a little taller in the saddle. I have been installing new carpet and am putting some 6X9's behind the seat facing up mounted in the raised floor so I can have some tunes.

Dale

Thanks guys. Once I get some butt time on them I will let you know how they feel.

Forrest - I ordered the Corbeau sliders with rails specific for my car. So it was an all bolt in affair. I would have prefered the Corbeau rails sliders in aluminum, but oh well! The seats weigh 24lbs each.

Regards - Yasin

I've got set of Corbeau seats in mine also. After a few miles the seats will settle a little and not be so high. You'll still sit higher than the Z31's but, not to high. I've had mine for about 4 years now and they seem to be holding up well. Hope you enjoy them.

Cody - I drove my car today for the first time with the Corbeaus, they feel great, but I am 6' and the top of my hair just touches the T-Top shade, so I hope that they do settle down even a 18" would be fine!

It would be impossible to waer a helmet with these seats, the T-tops would have to come off for sure.

The Corbeaus are so wide around the shoulder area, that they completely block the rear 14 window and hence give a blind spot, so I have to be very careful with lane changing to the left for sure.

Other than that I am very happy with them.

Aaron - Yes I am selling my old 300ZX Turbo seats. $125 for the pair and includes the modified brackets to fit your ZX, complete bolt in! I have placed an ad on here and zar.com as well, please refer to the ad for any further details. Shipping will be extra. First person to Paypal or send me the funds and its sold. Please let me know.

Regards - Yasin