HybridZ

17" wheel question

If you dont go with adapters you will be extremly limited with wheel choices. Centerline makes wheels that fit the Z's and ZX's but there aren't too many sytles of wheels.

Whats wrong with adapters? Its not likeyour adding a huge amount of weight?

Guy

CNC machined wheels would probably be big money, huh. I wonder if I called the wheel company (Enkei,Motegi,Koenig,or Volk) and requested a custom wheel size, they would make it for more. Anyone ever done this before? Also how big of a tire can fit on a 12" wide rim, in mm? 10" wide rim? Does Volk have a website? I can't seem to find it. I know they have many oddball sizes available.

Secondly does anyone here have a version of Autocad/3DVis?

With the look and width I'm going for those adapters would have to be huge. If I'm not mistaken the rims will have a little negative offset. (deep dish) I looking to have that nice polished lip similar to what is seen on Japanese drifting cars. Probaly like 5" of lip in back and 2-3" in front.

there are plenty of 3 pc wheel manufacturers: Fikse, HRE, Kinesis, BBS, etc., that have those sizes available. they're just $$expensive$$.

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF FIKSE OR HRE I'VE HEARD OF THE OTHER TWO. IDON'T THINK KINESIS MAKES THE STYLE I'M LOOKING FOR. BBS DEFINENTLY DOESN'T MAKE THE STYLE I'M LOOKING FOR. SOMETHING LIKE THIS WILL DO

b2373.gif

OR THIS

324_s.jpg

SLX95.jpg

17x10 $425 ea.

You would still have to change to five lug hubs for this wheel but you spec the bolt center and backspacing.

Billet Specialties has some styles that have center caps that cover the lugs (like the ones on my car) so you can stay with four lugs. They will also make you a 10" wide wheel on four lugs unlike Centerline.

I found this to be a very reasonably priced compromize for a semi-custom wheel.

http://www.billetspecialties.com/subcategory.asp?cid=16

www.ccwheel.com

Dan Juday

Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 06:39 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17x10 $425 ea.

You would still have to change to five lug hubs for this wheel but you spec the bolt center and backspacing.

Billet Specialties has some styles that have center caps that cover the lugs (like the ones on my car) so you can stay with four lugs. They will also make you a 10" wide wheel on four lugs unlike Centerline.

I found this to be a very reasonably priced compromize for a semi-custom wheel.

http://www.billetspecialties.com/subcategory.asp?cid=16

Billet specialties is to bling bling for me/ I want racing rims a with a polished aluminum lip.

CCwheels look just like BBS wheels. Thanks for showing me though. I don't want chrome.

Know of any other 3 piece makers, Japanese maybe?

there are plenty of 3 pc wheel manufacturers: Fikse' date=' HRE, Kinesis, BBS, etc., that have those sizes available. they're just $$expensive$$.[/quote']

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF FIKSE OR HRE I'VE HEARD OF THE OTHER TWO. IDON'T THINK KINESIS MAKES THE STYLE I'M LOOKING FOR. BBS DEFINENTLY DOESN'T MAKE THE STYLE I'M LOOKING FOR. SOMETHING LIKE THIS WILL DO

b2373.gif

OR THIS

324_s.jpg

Does anyone know any other three piece manufacturers of the top of there head that are good with wheel styles similar to those pictured above. When I search theres like 300+ companies. Should I just look through them 1 by one?

Guest JAMIE T

Now is when you need to be very clear about how much you are REALISTICALLY willing to spend on wheels. The wheels you've pictured LOOK like your basic ricer el-cheapo rims. Check out these.

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/5zigen/5zigen.html

Scroll down to the Black Racing Pro N1. This is one of my favorite wheels. And it is affordable for what it is.

Otherwise, you WILL need a very expensive set of wheels... $450+ each.

Guest erics660z

Hello...Kinda new to this forum (been reading it for days now).

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't a five bolt conversion require spacers on the back...or a completely different (impossible to find) offset for the rears. Or is this not an issue with a ZX?

Drftn seems adverse to any extra peices in his drivetrain. I was very against wheel adapters due to bad experience with a VW. But I have Ross C's CV adapters and caliper brackets, and the are NICE. (can a weld be sexy?). I don't have his wheel adapters, (I plan on doing a 5-lug conversion. Stuck w/14's for the time being.), but if he sells 'em. I'd buy 'em.

Anyway, great site guys. Eric.