HybridZ

Wheel off-set mm. and wheel backspace inches

Well, if a 7†wheel had a 3.5 backspace then it would have 0mm offset. A 4†backspace equals .5†positive offset or 12.7mm. Looks like the 9†would have 1†of positive offset or 25.4mm.

Just remember that offset is from the center of the wheel and backspace is from the back of the wheel.

Dale

Not that I'm a wheel guru or anything, but I think you're just slightly off, but have the right idea. A "7 inch" wide wheel is actually 8" wide on the outside, only 7" from bead to bead. A 4" backspace on what is called a 7" wide wheel is actually "0" offset, as it's right in the middle of the 8" width. Call your local wheel & tire guys to confirm, but I believe thats how it works.

Here is what I came up with; from the hub mounting surface under load (or in the normal ride position) measuring stright-up and then out to the inner fenderwell, then into what would be the lower spring pearch (or the area where the tire/wheel would make contact) 3.5"-outer 7.5" inner. Combine these two values, minus approx 1" or 25.4mm which leaves approx 1/2" in and 1/2" out clearance. then minus another 1" for the tire from the wheel bulge. Again approx 1/2" for both in and out. So what we now have is a 9"wheel, down from an 11"clearance with an approx 10" tire. With a wheel center of 4.5" Outer clearance is 2.5" and inner in 6.5" this gives it a 2" positive offset. Please correct me if I'm missing something. Thanks for the feedback.