Guest Ground_Rat

Guest Ground_Rat

I'm new, and I just bought this car:

000_0401.jpg

000_0402.jpg

000_0403.jpg

000_0404.jpg

000_0406.jpg

The car still needs a lot of TLC, but it should be a fun project.

Guest Ground_Rat

Thanks for the welcome guys. The car was running pretty strong when I bought it (about 3 days ago) but I just noticed some problems. The carb is leaking pretty badly so I'm going to rebuild it. The brake master cylinder is also leaking so I'm probably going to just buy a new one. The engine is a 350 bored .030 over, don't know about the CR but it runs fine on 87. Don't know the cam specs either, but it's a hyd roller and gives the exhaust a nice cammin' sound. Don't know about the heads or valve's either, but it's got roller rockers. It does have a holley 650, headman full length headers, edelbrock torker intake, and some sort of dry sump oiling (I think). The trans is an M22. Does anyone know if all M22s are referred to as rockcrushers?

I'm acutually not living in Oregon any more, I'm stationed at Andrews AFB, MD. Anyone else from the Maryland area here? I used to live in Drain, OR if you know where that is (about 40 miles south of Eugene). This looks like a badass forum, I'm usually on fuelslut.net too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ground_Rat

Well, I just painted the hood (I will redo it better later) and got some new valve covers and air cleaner.

I will be rebuilding the carb next. What do you think?

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Yea man... I look forward to seeing that car progress from what it was. I can’t wait for the day my Cobra is paid off and I get to purchase and hybrid a Z car. Until then I guess I’m stuck with the near stock l28 in the "racecar" we have.

yet another welcome. you should be able to find all z info on this site. the folks here have been very helpful to me in the past.

question.. where did you get that hood "scoop" i been wanting on like that .i was goin was goin to make one but if i can save the time then i will buy one.

does anyone know where to get that hood from? :?:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm stationed at Andrews AFB, MD. Anyone else from the Maryland area here? This looks like a badass forum, I'm usually on fuelslut.net too.

Ground Rat,

Welcome! I too am in Maryland. So is Pete. He is one of the founding members of this forum.

I live in Potomac and am installing an LS1 into my 240Z. We should hook up sometime. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Ground Rat -

Those Mickey Thompson valve covers are the same as were on my 350 when I hauled it out of the donor car. The engine is in pieces now, waiting for a trip to the machine shop, etc., so it was great to see your picture to visualize what it will look like installed. I kind of like those M/T covers. That's a cool look with that air cleaner. Must be nice to already have the V8 in place - I'm still an inliner, probably till winter rolls around.

Dave

Guest Ground_Rat
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm stationed at Andrews AFB' date=' MD. Anyone else from the Maryland area here? This looks like a badass forum, I'm usually on fuelslut.net too.[/quote']

Ground Rat,

Welcome! I too am in Maryland. So is Pete. He is one of the founding members of this forum.

I live in Potomac and am installing an LS1 into my 240Z. We should hook up sometime. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hell yeah, PM me sometime. Do you guys ever go to Capital Raceway as a group? It might be fun.

datsun327, I don't have any info on the hood other than it is fiberglass, lol. It was on the car when I bought it, sorry.

Ground Rat,

That's a "nice un", will make a fun project fixing it up. If I were you I'd replace the fuel filter. I had one that came apart and dumped fuel all over the engine a couple years ago. Being a Firefighter it would have been very embarasing if I'd burnt up my car. Started checking around and those have a reputation for either breaking or the threads stripping out which can be dangerous.

Adios Amigos,

that interesting hood scoop that's on your z was actually [some time ago] available directly from nissan thru the dealers. it was developed to help allieviate the vapor lock that used to develop on the 73-74 hitachi carb'd cars. both functional & funky. like to know what the rear bumper is from...

david