HybridZ

13" Ap racing now ready for viewing 280z 280zx! take a

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Hows it going :-D

Well I had this in the works for about 10 months now. some of you may remember me working on it for Z1 Auto in Long Island.

I have had the hats ready since last year. I got around to get the brackets done just recently.

Sure AP racing products are expensive brakes but the adapters wont kill you in price compared to AP caliper and rotor costs.

Shown are AP Racing 6 piston Road 5700 caliper and a 13"x1.10 rotor. I'm very impressed with AP's quality. Then again that's what you get when you spend hard earned money.

I don't have the caliper bolts off hand so its just resting on the bracket. I had stopped into a local hardware store and they wanted $12 for 2 10x1.25 60mm bolts. I walked away and will wait till I buy a box in bulk.

Some bolts are missing in the rotor hat but I used just enough to mount it for demo.

The caliper bracket as you can see is quite massive at .7 inch thick at the lower strut mount and .6 inch thick where it meets the caliper. There is a .5 inch radius at the 90 degree angle for added strength. I inserted steel threads/helicoils for bolt strength.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Juan

Picture%20377.jpg

Picture%20376.jpg

Picture%20370.jpg

Picture%20378.jpg

Picture%20371.jpg

Picture%20372.jpg

Adam at Z1 is very serious about getting brakes to his Z. He has a 600 hp 280zx. I'm honored to have built this. It has expanded brake options and who knows what more the caliper bracket can do for us. I mean it would be simple program changes to change the height for smaller 12" rotors. We now have AP caliper brackets at least!!!! Just a push of a button and that's it :-D This caliper bracket can provide up and down shimming unlike one with ears.

For the 280z model it will need to shim in .2" in.

$325 for the complete front adapters. If there is a market at least for the front caliper brackets hmm I could possibly get that around $160 for a pair. We would have to discuss the possibilities though.

Sorry for the parking lot photos but being in a small apartment right now, I didn't want to lug this around.

thanks

These are the same calipers that AP provides for the 350z on 14" rotors. As far as cost goes I really have no idea how much. I have seen calipers from 400 - 700 and those were lower models. rotors I have seen for $160 in 12"x1.25.

having a setup like this complete as a 13" will be far in between us. The hard part was getting the numbers for the caliper bracket. Making hats is real simple.

Ill have to search and find who retails these bad boys. Not nearly as many as Wilwood suppliers due to the cost of these fine brakes. that is just an assumption. Ill ask Adam where he got them from. He sent the rotor and caliper over here.

The AP brake products are awesome, but they are really expensive too. Those calipers are probably over $500 a piece. If I were building an F1 car I'd definitely have APs on there, but even for street, autocross, or even road course racing, they are overkill.

I'm running the Wilwood forged super lights with 1.25x12" rotors on my 240Z and the braking performance is awesome. You can get these calipers for around $128 a piece, and I think the 12" rotors were $40 each.

Pete