HybridZ

My S30 body kit sketch

Guest RCNSC

Guest RCNSC

Ok so I was inspired to try my hand at making an S30 widebody. Critique the idea, not the art.... and no I don't have the means to make it. 8)

216412_27_full.jpg[/img]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest steveo

not a fan of the hood

not a fan of the "big mouth" maybe if it was broken up a bit

love the projector lights and deep dish rims as well as the lip and vents/lights below the headlight.

sketch the back end

good job

Guest RCNSC

I think the problem is I draw too big. Thats why my angles are always off. Anyway, heres the back.

Widebody, R34 tails, C/F tail light panel, I tried keeping it simple but sometimes I get carried away with the pencil.

216412_28_full.jpg

I always give an "A" for effort when someone actually completes a theme. I dig the Ferrari style lower panel in the rear. Word up on the R34 tailights however...I've got a set of R33 and R34's.....and the R34 's are HUGE in reality.If you set them side by side ,they are almost as wide as the whole back of a stock Z ! :shock: So unless you plan on a seriously modified rear-end (I stayed out of prison for that reason)lol., you might stay with the smaller R32,R33 lenses.

..............Keep scetching........Vince

Guest RCNSC
I always give an "A" for effort when someone actually completes a theme. I dig the Ferrari style lower panel in the rear. Word up on the R34 tailights however...I've got a set of R33 and R34's.....and the R34 's are HUGE in reality.If you set them side by side ' date='they are almost as wide as the whole back of a stock Z ! :shock: So unless you plan on a seriously modified rear-end (I stayed out of prison for that reason)lol., you might stay with the smaller R32,R33 lenses.

..............Keep scetching........Vince[/quote']

I could tell the R34 tail light housing is huge just by how shitty most cars look with them grafted on. I was thinking of just taking the actually red circles out and making a 1 piece tail light panel, and cutting the holes in and fitting in the lights.

Guest RCNSC
I like it its good to get some concept style z pics up on the site.

I have the opposite problem I can make fibreglass parts but cannot draw to save myself. Keep the sketches coming

Ash

Want to make a body kit? :-D

Yer Im planing to but I am in Australia and freighting to us would cost a heap. I am hoping to make some kind of wide body kit, have been thinking about it for a while. I like the rear sketch with the side skirts would love to see some more sketches if you have done any

Ash

pretty nice, you got skills, and I thin more esperience drawing than me. I like the 360 theme. It would be cool to see on a Z. I'm going all out (someday) doing a modernized wide body kit. The drawing needs some refining on the curves (hard to shade decently with crayola pencils). I'd better start doing these kits in black and white (see curves better). Keep the sketches coming, I know I will once I finally can get the lines of the 240Z right. I got the 280ZX down I think.

RCNSC--have you seen the California Z kit? What you've done kinda reminds me of that kit. Looks good! I like that hood idea. Always wanted to vent my hood like that, even before I saw Terry's car. The only issue I would have is why have the back of the fender vented in front of the door and also have a big vent in the side. Seems like the side vent is unneccessary. Regardless, you need to start playing around with fiberglass!

Guest RCNSC

Is fiberglass hard to work with/shape? There is a HybridZ member with an awesome primed one with really deep dish 5 spoke wheels..... I think he does all his own body work and it's sick. I have pics somewhere on this computer...

But yea, I might look into it.

Guest RCNSC
RCNSC, have you tried playing around with some photos? It might be a little easier than the fibreglass (and cheaper). :wink:

Yea, but the end result wouldn't be nearly as fun now would it? :-D