HybridZ

YAHOO!!! Mopar in a ZX

Guest aspemino

Guest aspemino

I got it running!! A 1983 280zx turbo with a 360 chrysler small block. Something different than a Chevy (Although it might have been easier :o) ) I mated it up to the stock t-5 with an internal hydraulic release and a couple mods. Ran modified block huggers to dual 2.5" then to single 3.5" out the back. Oh yeah and a Chrysler power steering pump. Anyway I gotta go. See ya later!

Aspemino

Cool man! I agree though... if its the Datsun gear box, it's gona explode man! :shock: I am biding my time for a deal on a wrecked dodge truck with the Hemi.. then I'll buy a claped out ZX.. then I'll mate the two... I will call it.. "The Coffin" Heh heh.. zero to whoops I'm dead in 5 seconds! :lol:

Your going to have to PM me your number. I am going to be up your way at the end of next week. Pickerel Point (?) some where around Exit 162. However… it is a getaway for me and my lady so I probably won’t catch up with you. You know…no kids, house hold chores, CARS….

The car!

The Iski cams are in.

New bearings and rings… not yet fired up.

The STI rack is on the car. I can’t believe it fits under that motor.

Yet be done.

Make brackets for the stock Subaru PS pump.

Put on a pair of Cats.

Target date is Aug 8th.

Lots of pics to go up on other threads.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aspemino

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=1518&fullsize=1

Not sure hot to link to the pic I posted. It's in the photo album under the zpics. Metallic blue engine with polished intake and front cover, no filter yet. It drives great, should be about 350 hp. I have to figure out what's going on with the tach before I take it to the track. And I'm lifting the hood bump into a small cowl on a NA ZX hood so I can latch it with a filter on. IMPORTS KICK ASS WHEN THEY HAVE AMERICAN MUSCLE!!

moparzx.JPG

(here you go, Mike kZ)

• 1 month later...

"zero to whoops I'm dead in 5 seconds!"

That's great, I wanted to put a ZZ Chevy 500cid BBC in the 240Z before I came to this site, That would have been one very short test drive followed by several flips and perhapse a chance at being the second manned test flight into orbit without government funding.

"St. Peter, I swear I thought it was safe."

"The gates of heaven don't open for idiots, sorry, but I do know one guy who might have some vacencies."

:flamedevil: dang... oh well