HybridZ

Datsun..1.......Porsche..0...Moment Priceless...A Great Pic!

slownrusty

Thanks for the compliments. It should be no surprize that I have that photo as my desktop background, makes me feel good everytime I see it :D

This was at Thuderhill in northern California, great track.

The car in the background is indeed a Ford Fairlane, belongs to a nice young guy who did lots of mods and put in a real stiff suspension, so was doing a lot better than one would expect, but still way too heavy. The 87 Porsche turbo had just passed him then I passed the fairlane and then overtook the 944. The owner was also a nice guy and came by after and asked if the car was stock, I said yup all stock and 21 years old :wink:

After he said he did not realize they could move that way I told him the truth. I also overtook a 94 rx7 twin turbo with massive wheels and a late model 911 (was hard to do, picture under my signature) and then a 370hp modified audi S4 that belonged to a not so bright guy with no driving skills (so can't take any credit). Off course after overtaking some other nice cars and feeling like a king someone with a little more track experience and another 911 GT3 whooped my a$$ ; twice :( bringing me back down to earth.

Can't wait to get back to the track, just got a pyrometer to help fine tune my suspension (I have a little too much understeer). I need to get better sway bars and tires as well, let the games continue.

Guest bastaad525

the pic of you past the 911 is my personal fave... I mentioned that in another thread... was wondering if you had passed him.. that's friggin sweet.

Would take a LOT of oomph to NOT get beat on by a GT3, those cars are friggin AMAZING, second fastest non turbo porsche, I believe, and have gotten rave reviews from every magazine writer lucky enough to have driven one.