HybridZ

Can anyone help me beat this price

ToplessZ

well, if you are planning on messing around with rod/stroke ratios and the lot, I would suggest finding an LD28 motor and KEEPING THE BLOCK! It has a higher deck height (L24, 26, and 28 blocks = deck height of L16 and L18, LD28 block = deck height of L20B) then you could get custom pistons (33.5mm comp height and an 87.5mm bore) and use Z22E rods and have a 3.0L motor with a rod/stroke ratio of 1.8XX:1!! Ive already got he block and some rods.... :D just a thought.....

I do like the destroked L series idea. It would work with LD28 rods or FJ20 rods, if you can find them.. (140mm) VG30 pistons and an L24 crank. get the pistons in a +1mm overbore and you should be good to go.

Mack

Hw about vg30det pistons. these dont happen to be forged from the factory do they. There are a couple aftermarket sources for the fj20 rods.

What about a ld28 crank 140mm rods and custom pistons is there enough deck height in a l28et block? Or is the wrist pin going to be in the middle of a ring? Im not set on destroking just thought it would be cool. I might destroke an na motor for fun and see what it will take to blow it up. I have the stuff to do a backyard buildup of one. But Im trying to focus on my turbo build right now. Im not making much headway as I havn't come up with a set plan on what I'm doing nothing worse then buying parts you decide not to use....(Im good at that one)

the VG30ET are not forged from the factory, but they are pretty strong. The old school formula for a stroker in japan used to be an LD28 crank, FJ20 rods and a set of 6 honda XL500R motorcycle pistons! they were forged from teh factory and had the proper bore, as well as the proper pin height to match up with the FJ rod, LD28 crank and L28 block. Its the XL500 or XR500. Im sure someone here will chime in, this is REALLY old school stuff!

Mack

• 7 months later...

Ross p/n through Summit was #35-32 (forged dish). If you want the best deal, do what I did and only call Ross to tell them what you want. They might want a sample piston. Tell them the price you paid to Summit incl. rings and pins. Don't let them jack up the price. Doing it this way I got pistons,rings, and pins for $463.

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...