HybridZ

mp3's are great

innerware

So I have had plenty of time on my hands since hurting myself the other day. Luck had it that the night before falling off the loading dock I got a new dell dimensions 4600. Sound card, graphics, 3 gig processor etc, Well with it came their Jukebox software. Through it you can download music from the web listen to web radio, convert cd's to mp3, organize music on your computer, etc.

I know that most of the world has known about this for a while, and being relatively young (30) you'd think I would have done this before. This is just great. I can bring cd's with hundreds of songs to work with me and listen to them on my computer and while I drive. No more radio!!! I already bought a used portable cd player on ebay that plays mp3's.

So enough ranting ( pain medicine is great) thought I would share.

Dude, where were you? You missed all the peer to peer file sharing stuff. FREE MP3s (and software and movies and etc etc). Not that I've ever done this mysself , no sir, not me, it's illegal :D

The portable cd players are good, but get a in-car deck that plays MP3s, it's like having a 12 disc changer in one disc! It sucks when the portable player goes flying somewhere...OR, take a step up and get a IRock Beam-It. We did this to my friend's car and now she can beam her songs to her stock radio, home stereo, etc all from her Ipod. Your reception may vary.

Owen

I know I know wher the hell was I for the last 10 years. I never knew what all the buzz was about. I've had a 200 disk changer at home and thought that was all I needed. Guess I was wrong. Next will definately be an in dash player that reads mp3 files. The portable I bought with shipping was 20 bucks. So I'll start slow and cheap.

I have an archos jukebox which was relatively cheap, and has all the capabilities of an ipod for less. It has a 15gb harddrive and is great, despite being a little bulky. I had it before I got my car, and once I got it and discovered that the head unit didnt work, I hooked up the mp3 player directly to the amp, and I have thousands of songs right at my fingertips. And when I get out of the car, the player comes with me, and i can listen on my headphones untill i get inside, when I plug the player into my stereo. I love it

I have a portable Sony cd player that reads ATRAC files. Basically, it’s just software that was included with the player and it takes an mp3 and compresses it even more (I’m assuming) to allow a LOT of songs on one cd. I can literally listen to one cd for 24 hours and not have one song repeat. One disc has 365 songs on it and it wasn’t even full yet! But anyways, glad to hear you finally discovered the mp3 :-)

I had and Archos for a while, the one that recorded and stored movies, was sweet but it was too bulky and overkill. I only bought it to play with it and return it in two weeks.

Aside from the huge amount of songs I "found" while online.

"I didn't download them, I just found them, your honor" :D

I've been making backups of all my existing audio CDs. Anyone up for trades??? Offline...with CDRs? After I get my recordable drive fixed that is...oh, is that illegal too? PM me!

Innerware, next get a DVD+/- RW drive....and sign up for Netflix :D

One thing I hate, audio file sharing is illegal, even making personal copies is somewhat illegal...so why do all these damn companies make MP3 players?!?! Sony, Nike-Philiips, etc...

Owen

I'll swap. Still loading my collection on the computer. And my neighbor has a dvd burner, we've worked out arrangements allready. Who need so to send files online either? Too slow eveb with dsl. I'd be happy to mail

cdr's. Plus think of all the compressed files that fit on a cdr. I can post what is in my collection if you want.

I would be interested in getting some new stuff to listen too as well. and of course if I dont like all the copies will be destroyed. but if I do like, I will go out and buy the bands CD right away!

if anyone is interested in my catalog just lemme know and I will post it up. if anyone is interested I have the ablility to burn DVDs.