HybridZ

Fun with electrons

TimZ

I would hate to pay their power bill! those cupped/balled quarters were kinda cool though.

Pop N Wood

Posted: Aug 03, 2004 - 05:20 AM

Think that guy has a girl friend? How you you like to live next door to the guy with his own EMP machine? TV reception must be a beach.

Who needs a girlfriend when you can play with 1 million amperes and shrink quarters all day?

Hmm, I love the line in their "how it works section"

But it still retains all its surface features! Higher energies result in smaller quarters. There’s no magic or violations of physics involved – a shrunken coin still weighs same as before, and its density also remains

unchanged.

So if it shrinks and it weighs the same, how they hell does the density stay the same? If that isn't a violation of physics I am not sure what is.

Hmm' date=' I love the line in their "how it works section"

But it still retains all its surface features! Higher energies result in smaller quarters. There’s no magic or violations of physics involved – a shrunken coin still weighs same as before, and its density also remains

unchanged.

So if it shrinks and it weighs the same, how they hell does the density stay the same? If that isn't a violation of physics I am not sure what is.

here ya go:

A shrunken coin weighs exactly the same as before, and its density is also unchanged. The coin does get thicker as its diameter is reduced.

Isn't doing that to United States currency against Federal Law?

Read the whole site. He talks about that. Apparently the law only prohibits "fraudulently" defacing money. As in trying to pass it off as something else. He says even the feds have to admit it isn't illegal. Even talks about the penny smashing machines being legal.

Also it only gets smaller in diameter, but it gets thicker. Hence the density is the same because the volume is the same.

This "shrinking" process is something to watch. One of my Tesla buddies made a quarter shrinker as well as a can crusher (uses same principle). In his set-up, the coil he used to produce the intense magnetic field around the "subject" pretty much vaporizes when the huge current discharge passes through it, and it doesn't explode quietly. He had to put all this stuff in a bullet proof box, and even then it was quite un-nerving to be in the same room when he threw the switch. Now he's working on a rail-gun (repulsion) project. So far he's slung a 6" copper disc about 50 ft into the air. Amazing stuff.