HybridZ

SR20DET in a 350Z - Check Pic!

slownrusty

Guest bastaad525

Easier to drop that super small engine in there and have tons of room to go wild with... I've seen the twin turbo kits for the 350z as well... I wouldn't want to be one of the poor saps that installs them!

Guest 2slo4u

I wonder how many horsepower that sr20 can reliably produce and what the 350z weighs compared to the original vehicle(s) the sr20 was designed for? Interesting choice. :shock:

81zxturbo

95slobaru

I saw the build up of that car on some show on the Speed Channel. I remember the guy said it was built just for drifting. He wanted to make it lightweight, so he went with the SR engine (interior is gutted also). He said the engine could have went back even further in the engine bay, but that would have put too much weight on the rear end. He also said the swap wasn't very hard at all.

!M!

I think that's the same car they built at Signal Auto here in Torrance. If it is then one of signal's employee's owns it. Signal (Japan) I think had the head severely worked over and they were looking for 400hp. It's also running a V-mount intercooler setup and some custom suspension bits. Interior was fully gutted when I saw it. They were working to get it ready for D1 at Irwindale.

Very cool guys, easy to talk to.