HybridZ

For you guys that havent driven your L28ET Z yet and times..

Guest ON3GO

Must say im impressed by this little motor.

hell at only 5psi in a heavy 77 280Z i must say this car is a blast.

specs on car.

82 L28ET motor with 77 ecu, distrib and harness

Scottie-GNZ downpipe (no exhaust)

JSK fuel rail

Conquest FMIC

Blitz BOV

Nissan Motorsports Turbo stage 1 street clutch w/ turbo flywheel

280Z 5-speed tranny

KYB Struts

Energy Suspension Bushings

so far thats all thats on the car, and its running awesome.

put down 165rwhp and 202lbs like it sits, and im sure it could have done better.

now the car has no bumpers, lighter wheels (enkei 92's in 15x7.5)

Light FD RX-7 seats, but has a small sound system and still has spare, jack and etc.

i havent weighed it yet but im sure its near 3000lbs, if its lighter then awesome!

did some testing with a g-tech today and got 13.6 to 13.8 every single time, not sure how good these readings are but if there even close im happy.

raced my friends car which is a awd talon, he runs 13.8's all the time, and everytime and i beat him by a car and a half each time we went at it.

also this car pulls real hard in 3rd and 4th, speedo just likes to keep going and going.

so far won against:

LT1 trans am

VR6 golf (mods)

S2000

civics and crx's like whoa.. even with swaps

N/A MR2

Turbo MR2

76 280Z with tripple webers (man it was nice, silver and souned awesome!!)

and im sure im missing a few others.

sure my car isnt really that fast but im impressed big time, even more so cuz its such a stock swap!!

going to the track this sunday to get some real times, but i hope to have my MSD 6-BTM on there with the boost turned up alot higher, and also my FMU and Walbro fuel pump in.

well sorry for a stupid post, but to the guys who havent driven there L28ET Z yet ill tell ya this... you will be very happy with it, and will put a smile on your face everytime.

Mike

so far won against:

LT1 trans am

VR6 golf (mods)

S2000

N/A MR2

Turbo MR2

76 280Z with tripple webers (man it was nice, silver and souned awesome!!)

Man youre taking my job away! Just kidding, have it :D

so far won against:

LT1 trans am

VR6 golf (mods)

S2000

N/A MR2

Turbo MR2

76 280Z with tripple webers (man it was nice' date=' silver and souned awesome!!)

Man youre taking my job away! Just kidding, have it :D[/quote']

hehe not sure if my car can take ur cars job, maybe the hulk but not ole blue.

i was going to include the Viper GTS ACR i raced against and won, but i didnt want like 1000000 ppl put the BS flag up.

its not my fault the guy couldnt drive.

he stalled, and i pulled :D

mike

Whens the hulk gonna be ready, that cars the one with the sick parts.

Ive raced two other s30s and it was a joy killing both of them, 1st one had a rebello motor and was screaming bloody murder about bad gas, 2nd one was a JTR :twisted:-his wheel hop was defeated by the super squat and boost technique. Anyways the hulks buildup sounds tough and you got the right guy putting it together thats for sure.

Where you using a new GTech Pro or an the old one? If you are using the new Gtech.....take it to the track and see just how accurate it is. Im really curious to know but I wont be getting to the track this year.

Nice kill list too! :D

Guy

was the new one, im pretty sure of it.

i liked how it worked thats 4sure.

and the hulk should be done sometime in november.

that car is gonna be sick!!

alex is going pretty much all out on it, and i know he is going to do a awesome job!

that car sooner or later will be the sport bike hunter :D

thanks for the kind words.

maybe one day this blue Z will be all fixed up like the Hulk, but for now im super happy that it just starts everyday!!

mike

also when i raced that other S30 Z it was cool.. he punched it like passed me and had this smerk on his face (his looked way nicer then mine lol).. but when i dropped it in 2nd next to him and all hell broke loose his face went from this :) to this :shock:

he tried to stay next to me but no dice..

so far won against:

LT1 trans am

VR6 golf (mods)

S2000

N/A MR2

Turbo MR2

76 280Z with tripple webers (man it was nice' date=' silver and souned awesome!!)

Man youre taking my job away! Just kidding, have it :D[/quote']

hehe not sure if my car can take ur cars job, maybe the hulk but not ole blue.

i was going to include the Viper GTS ACR i raced against and won, but i didnt want like 1000000 ppl put the BS flag up.

its not my fault the guy couldnt drive.

he stalled, and i pulled :D

mike

Just for you On3go :D

bsmeter.gif

I have always admired the power of the L series engine. I just love how you can give them heaps and they just keep going.

Its posts like this that make me want to finish my Z soooo bad. But I had to drop almost a grand into my 1994 Probe GT to replace the tranny and clutch. Just when I think I am going to have money to spend...things like this happen. Good job on the kills!

Jason

my 71 with the L28ET swap ran 13.6 @ gainesville, with a crappy 2.1 60foot time, basic stock junkyard motor, running about 8 psi, no I/C no aftermarket controller, just a bleeder type boost controller and an adjustable Fuel pressure regulator, of course it's a bit lighter than the 280

well i fooled with the G-tech abit again today.

13.6's each time.

then put it on my friends car who runs 13.8's at the track all the time, (its AWD, so on the street it should be the same) and it was showing 13.8's to 13.7's like each time.

so i think its pretty close to real life times.

im getting my launching down real, REAL good.

took my friends C4 vette off the line today and he only passed me when i let off in 3rd. and he got a great launch too.

way i figure it is, that the only way your gonna get a good good time is by beating the hell out of it, and thats what ive been doing.

but i think i broke or messed up one of my halfshafts, sounds like the u-joints are making a funny clunking sound when you just start going from a dead stop.

till it breaks ill just drive the piss out of it.

sunday is track day!

mike

Mike good to here about your car.

but be careful on that u-joint you dont want it poping on teh street! Not only would it prolly do suspension damage but youll have to get it towed home. id advise throwing a new u-joint in there it only took me about and hour to get the job done.

I did a hard bunout and launch and my u-joint starting making a kinda poping grinding sound but it wasnt very loud at all, anyway next time i launched it shreded and flew apart on teh track. had to get it towed home grrrr. Also it will prolly mess up the halfshaft as it elongated the holes in my yokes.

Keep boostin!

-Austin

got exhaust on the car last night, feels like a new car!

but yeah i must say this little car is pretty quick.

raced a SRT-4 last night.

it wasnt stock.

i was alone, he had a extra passenger, and i had abunch of stuff in the back, like car parts and 3 coolent jugs an etc.

went from a 10mph roll in 1st gear.. pulled him all the way till middle or top of 3rd gear when he about evened up to me.

cool kid, as he gave me the thumbs up!

i was very happy!

also those cars sound sweet as hell going!

raced a 78 Trans Am 6.6lt.. smooooked it hardcore!

raced my buddies 1JZ-GTE SC300 from a 40mph roll. dead even!

my little asian friend who owns it was shaking his head after the race, he couldnt believe it! either could i!

his wife likes my car better now :D

but tomorrow ill be going to the track.

will be doing some testing with exhaust and with the cutout off too.

wish me luck!

mike