HybridZ

picture before I go to work

Guest Chris240turbo

Looks great ! Are those Watanabe's in the background ?Interesting "BLUE" also.

I'm going to be in Houston on the 23rd of this month setting up a test site for work,and would love to view your car while I'm up some evening.

I'll probably have to come up periodically to baby-sit the site as well.So just let me know if your up for company. I've enjoyed the company of many "Hybrid Z" members while traveling in California and elsewhere.Might be able to help or advise,I've done several Turbo variations on S30's over the years.I'll try to post an engine pix.

Thats always a good sign to get a compliment from T.Oxindale !

Love to see your car while I'm up !

...........Later .....Vince

Vince... and you never thought to tell me your coming!!

you better let me no when your in town, i need to meet up with ya!!! :)

chris, what can i say.. you worked on your car! and not mine... lol.

looks awesome, ill come on over tomorrow after class and see what ya did.

also maybe ill install my spoiler... if im not so lazy.

also ill tell ya what i bought!!

mike

ON3GO,

Well Hell, can't get anything by you ! lol. OK Mike,since you and Chris are friends,I'll get the chance to meet both of you in person ! I'll be in Houston the 22nd-25th. My evenings should be open,so tell Chris about me and we'll all talk Turbo !

Oh yeah,since I can't quite figure out how to post a picture,Mike would you put my engine bay up for Chris to see??

Beautiful car Chris !

.............Vince

Guest znow white

believe its a spearco unit dont let the look of it fool you this is the best flow wise IC u can get for a z. very effecient less plumbling = less lag = more fun :D

any of you guys going to tell me about this houston get together?

geez! 8)

I dont start school until the 25th, so I should be able to make some kind of lunch or afternoon meeting in houston, just let me know a couple days in advance. theres nothing like a three hour (one-way) drive to meet a couple of hybridz turbo guys!

sparky.. im going to the track the 22nd.. not sure if others from this board is coming (maybe sleeper-z in his V8 Z, and maybe olle with his n/a L8 Z)

But ur more then welcome to meet up, shitt ill let u race my Z too :)

but if not that day, then let us no when your free and maybe all of us can meet up.

i for one want to meet ya!

p.s. are those sway bars i bought off ya custom made? there way thicker then the suspension tech ones my friend has on his 280Z..

mike

Guest Chris240turbo

thanks to all for the compliments, motor and trans are together, ready to go in, I spent a few hours yesterday making a spare set of motor mounts solid, as I seem to keep ripping the rubber insolated stockers, I'll probably get the motor/trans in the car tonight or in the morning, then I have to fab the downpipe, and wastgate discharge pipe, then it should be ready to fire up...

my intake manifold was made by 240z twinturbo, at http://www.speedshopthagard.com I also got my new turbo from him, a 60-1 T-4 :D

that intercooler is an off the shelf spearco, bar and plate, 22x8x3.5 IIRC purchased new from a mustang performance shop 1080cfm will be more than my Z will likely ever need.

Vince and Sparky, anytime you'd like to meet up, I'm game, just give me a couple days notice as I work wierd hours sometimes.

I'm also a roadster fan and would like to see some pics of yours! I'm always on the look out for a decent starting point for my next project, but so far all I've found are too rough or too nice, I'd like to do an sr-20 swap into one someday.

Your car looks great Vince, VERY clean install! 8)

I would like to add to wanting to see more of the roadster. i have a 69 1600 just sitting outside. Afer my Z i am gonna do it up. I actually almost had an sr20 on ebay. I was snippered and beat by $1.....damn :evil: .

But back to the original post, how did you fab the piping. Did you set it up in the car first or just measure and eyeball it?

Guest Chris240turbo

I marked it all out with the motor in the car, tacked it, made whatever small adjustments that it needed, then zapped it all together, I actually pulled the motor out to paint the engine bay, then measured the crank end play, which ended up on the high side of spec, maybe a by product of using a really heavy clutch? anyway, I pulled the motor apart and put new main bearings in it, and in the middle of all that I swapped an L28ET into Mikes (ON3GO) car, and trying to keep up with yardwork, and work schedules and everything else, the car has been down now forever, was supposed to just be a couple weeks, now as soon as I get it going again, I'll get to tear into the suspension, with all new Illuminas, coil overs, and camber plates, then the brakes, it never ends! :roll:

Don't worry Chris, it takes as LONG as it takes ! And yours is looking great too ! I spent 2 HARD years of fabrication and restoration on the green 73' before I fired her up for a Maiden Voyage to the Tulsa Z car Nationals, and my best friend and I were pulling over constantly to" tune this and tweak that". But it was all worth the OOOh's and Awe's.

I'll definatly be on the way to Houston this Sunday !(22nd)(not in a Z though) So you guys all put your heads together and lets "Eat and be Marry"lol.

For those who know the area best,I'll be in Katy at a hotel something and the test site will be at 19999 Katy Freeway !

My evenings will be somewhat open,so I'll check my E-mail before I leave Saturday afternoon for your phone numbers so we can get a time and place thats good for everyone ..sound good ? Cool..looking forward to seeing all !

Hey Mike thanks for posting the engine picture for me ! :lol:

The Roadster project has been passed up by my RB26DETT AWD Widebody 70"240-Z ! But enough of me hijacking the thread ! GEEZ ! :roll:

.................Vince