HybridZ

ran ole blue at the track..

Guest ON3GO

well..

went to the track... didnt stay long but still had fun.

still on the 5psi (pretty much 3-4psi), and didnt even use the cutout.

so i ran with the exhaust which i lost some power with sence my last dyno.

anyways best i could do is..

13.8@105...

sound right? i didnt have a spare, jack, or anything in the car that wasnt needed.

just the seats (which are lighter then stock), no bumpers on the car too.

i got one hell of a launch, which i could tell ya the 60 foot and what not but i cant find my slip for the life of me!!! im pissed about that.

well that was the only run i made that was 100%, every other run i either spun real bad and let off, or missed a shift.. my shifter is really messed up so thats why.

so im happy, a 1977 280z with just a pretty much bone stock L28ET motor using the 77 ecu and harness, conquest fmic, and downpipe and 3inch exhaust (which i lose power with over my cutout that i didnt use).

so how did i do.. ill look for my slip in the car.

mike

edit: it was a 13.8 not 13.6. my bad

Guest Phailure

Wow, thats really impressive for a stock l28et in a 280z. Now I wonder how fast a 240z with a l28et would be. Of course, I guess you have a little weight reduction done without the bumpers. I can't remember if you had timed yourself with a g-tech. For some reason, I thought you were using a g-tech before you went to the track but I could be confusing you with someone else. If you were actually using a g-tech, how accurate are the times? Which model g-tech are you using? Thanks.

Wow, thats really impressive for a stock l28et in a 280z. Now I wonder how fast a 240z with a l28et would be. Of course, I guess you have a little weight reduction done without the bumpers. I can't remember if you had timed yourself with a g-tech. For some reason, I thought you were using a g-tech before you went to the track but I could be confusing you with someone else. If you were actually using a g-tech, how accurate are the times? Which model g-tech are you using? Thanks.

Yeah he said he was pulling 13.6-13.8 consistantly. So I guess that GTech must be some what accurate.

Nice times and MPH too!

Guy

yeah i was using the G-tech before.

said like 13.6 to 13.8.. so it was kinda close on that.. but the MPH was was off on the g-tech.

a few times i spun real bad and it said i trapped like 113mph lol.

mike

Mike,

Damn dude that turd sure is moving :shock: . When i took my z to track first time i ran 13.54 at 103.5mph with 2.1 60's and car weighted 2760 with me and 1/2 tank of gas. When i put all that in one of those calculators it said that i am making right about 225whp and that was with 10psi and no i/cooler. If i remember right you made like 180whp so how is it that your mph is higher than mine with your car making at least 30whp less and almost same weight? That sure is interesting i am sure one of the guru's with chim in :D .

Ivan

Guest bastaad525

He's got a point dude... and didn't you estimate weight at close to 3000lbs? you need upwards of 220hp to the wheels to get 105mph... Hell I'm putting down 226hp and my car weighs only 3400 and I don't think I'd run 105... was it 105 at the track or on the g-tech? Gtech always gives faster trap speed, that's a well known fact.

EDIT: CRAAAAAP I meant 2400 lbs not 3400 ROFL!!!!

Nice run!

But the time and MPH do seem fast for only 180 hp at the wheels.

My bummerless 76 with stock L28t, spearco IC, ran 13.7 at 106 mph with 12 psi of boost made 235hp on the dyno.

I would expect 100 mph with 180 hp at the wheels in a 280Z.

So maybe your dyno is wrong! The "1/4 mile dyno" is always right on.

i ran 105 at the track, not on the g-tech.

oh the dyno at school we have no real fans so my intercooler was heat soaked like a mother.

also it was a cooler day at night too.

i dunno, my car could be lighter then i thought.. it had no spare, jack, no bumpers, bumper supports, lighter then stock seats, and im only 132lbs.

i got a great launch and power shifted like a mother.

i dunno guys, thats why i said in the 1st post "that sound right"... i was thinking 100MPH at MOST!

i still cant find the slip but it was like 104.8 mph so i rounded up.. still though.

mike

We need the time slip...

dude if i can find it ill post it up.

ive been looking like mad.

i have so many holes in my carpet under the seats that a fricken rat could hide in there, so im looking.

if not, i hope to go back to the track this friday or sunday. its so much fun not worrying about cops and etc.

so ill say this.. to the young guys on the forum, like myself (20).. dont take it to the streets.. its not worth it. it can and will be more fun at the track, and plus its safer!

mike

Mike,

Put your car on the scale and i bet it will be right about 2550lbs-2580max. When i put my car on scale it was 2540 (1/2 tank of gas) and everything in the back removed just like yours plus i got HEAVY ass 18's but that was before i/c install. Garretts car at the same scale was i belive 2520 with 1/2 tank of gas big i/c and stock wheels. I am just trying to say that your car is way lighter than you think :twisted: . Anyways great times bro way to go about street racing it just aint worthed.

Ivan