HybridZ

I'm going to hack up my Corbeau A4's! Talk me out of it!

DaleMX

My Corbeau A4 shoulder support hits the window. I could move the seats over a little, but I like being centered. The only solution I see is to cut open the fabric at the support and trim away the padding then sew up the seat. I am going to leave as much of the material as possible, but I think about an inch has to be removed to clear the window. Hopefully I won’t have to cut the support to gain clearance.

Any other ideas?

Dale

My A4s are extremely close to my window and trying to get the seat belt on without being a contorionist does get to be a pain....so I sympathize with you!

Yasin

Same here, It really confuses passangers that are not familar with the tricks of driving and riding in the car.

I have to think I would try to move the seat over some before cutttng them up. If that didn't work then you could cut on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as it turns out the seat cover is removable. So I peeled it up to the offending shoulder support and carefully pulled the foam away from the steel underneath. Then I placed the steel support in a vice and bent it back about an inch and remounted the foam and replaced the cover. I missed the door by about 1/4 of an inch and is not even noticeable. I did both seats this way and it took about an hour per seat. There are some clips about halfway up that have to be pulled to access the support, but they were easy to get out and replace.

While I was at it I hacked the protective cover off of the seat slider and was able to lower the seat another 1/4 of an inch. Now I have a full finger and a half of space between my head and the top.

Dale

Here’s some links to pics of the Corbeau A4’s after I bent in the Shoulder support for door clearance. I’m still working on the interior when I find time so for now it’s a combination of colors, Black and Baby Poop Brown.

http://www.circuitflex.com/DriversDoor.jpg

http://www.circuitflex.com/PassengerSideView.jpg

Dale

Dale, I can relate to your "one finger clearance to the headliner" issue. I used to have similar style seats in my Z, but never felt comfortable sitting so high in the car.....people probably thought I was at least 6' 6" tall or better. What I finally did was to go with a Sparco Sprint seat. The difference in the seats is, the Sprint seat suspension is like the original Z seats where you are suspended from flexible strapping that allows your butt to drop down into the seat as opposed to the sitting in a shell with a cushion...if that desribes your seat construction. Also, if you can live without fore and aft seat adjustment, remove the adjusters. It should give you another 3/4" head clearance. Just some food for thought!