HybridZ

HID systems for a 240z?

CasperIV

J. Soileau,

It appears that the HID twist-in assembly is larger in diameter than a standard issue H4 headlight twist-in....and likely will not fit, hence the new lense assembly shown in the pic. It does also mention that it will fit into a standard headlight housing assembly, due to the additional length of the unit. Regarding the cost of these HID systems....they're all very expensive compared to standard systems. What's that old saying..."If you want to play, you got to pay"!

The price on HID systems has dropped hundreds of dollars over the past couple years. They were over $1000 before. OEM systems are outrageous.

I'm concerned that those 7 inch housings are absolutely atrocious looking!!! I would love to fit the HID lenses into my H4 housings (as stated above) But I wouldn't be caught dead with those nasty round things on my car.

http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/Headlights-sealed-beams.htm

Just another site for HID's. Their first gen kits are cheaper at 299 bucks. I believe the kits are manufactered by Sylvania.

John 82ZXT

Even the 2nd gen. ones are a good value @ $497. I'd kinda wonder about using the 1st gen. lights....

Thanks for the link, thats my next purchase.... :D

• 1 year later...