HybridZ

Hey Guys What The Heck Is This & How Does It Work..Pics

slownrusty

Guest 77vegasz

It is just a big capacitor. This is the same principle as power correction capacitors in use in large industrial facilities. The cap. charges and when the system has a higher than normal demand, which could sag the system, the cap. discharges and levels the demand.

I cannot see where this would be of any performance benefit unless you have a huge stereo, and an undersized alternator and you are jamming with the sounds all the way up while running the 1/4 mile. Then possibly....

Jon

Did ya notice the nice high tech fasteners they used to attach the whatchamacallit capacitor. Nice work. Yasin, I think you should get one, if for no other reason than a coversation piece....keep'em quessing that it might be some secret weapon or something. Anyway, have a nice weekend...I'm out of here..............

Think I'll hook like 10 of them in series, (as a gag) and tell anyone who asks, that its the latest in alternitave fueled vehicles or in tech terms, They are the new EV fuel-cells, hydrogen recirc DC suplimental storage and supply system. ha-ha-ha! I may just catch one....till someone asks "how exactly does it work?" then I'd fess-up.

Yeah, this crap started in Japan last year I think. I was living over there, and all of the sudden every shop had these in stock. There were several manufacturers, and they all made outrageous claims.

Can you say "Tornado"??

I asked the guy who ran a performance shop what exactly was in the box, he couldn't answer... he had no idea what it really did. He just sold parts.

It can't be anything too special if it only connects to the positive and negative battery terminals. Hell, most of the ones in Japan weren't nearly as big as that.. so you'd probably see something from that one. (at least some dead weight) :lol:

That's not going to keep the voltage higher. The only way the capacitors (if that is one) have any effect is when they are located far from the batttery (like in the trunk) The length of the power wire from the battery in addition to the capacitor helps it to act as a gigantic noise suppressor. Putting it right at the battery is only going to add a small amount of extra capacity. Most if not all mainstream electronic components (aftermarket ignition computers, piggyback computers, etc.) have built in noise filtering including capacitors. The only helpful thing I can see in those pictures are the ground wires and they aren't too high tech or difficult to get. Ordinary power wire will work the same as long as the gauge is signifigant enough to help prevent the suspected voltage drop. Also, I love the high tech "HOT AIR INTAKE". Man, is anyone ever going to learn?

This thing is not a noise suppressor. Its there to support the voltage if there is a drop in it. It WILL do that, but a good battery would also not drop below the required voltage. (Optima, etc...)

I am in no way defending this thing.