HybridZ

My Raybrig H4 headlights on my 240z

Hugh

Stock Sylvania sealed beam first, then Raybrig H4 6024 conversion lights with blue tinted lenses. (you can use normal bulbs and still get the while light effect)

DSC00742.JPG

DSC00743.JPG

DSC00744.JPG

DSC00745.JPG

DSC00746.JPG

DSC00747.JPG

DSC00750.JPG

DSC00751.JPG

DSC00752.JPG

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00754.JPG

These beams are designed for right hand drive, so they throw a bit of light into the oncoming traffic's faces. Pointing them down can solve this, though. (although sacrificing a bit of the light.)

My review: Freaking Bright!! I still have the stock wiring on my 240z's headlights... these are ten times brighter than the stock crap.

Those lenses look cool, and so does the car. :D Eastwood sells street legal H4 conversion headlights for our cars for really cheap. I think about $50 for the pair, they even include bulbs and have nice warranty.

(I got mine from Sherco in exchange for some faulty injectors or I would have bought them from Eastwood. They are ultra bright, ask Mike. :shock: )

81zxturbo

95slobaru

Make sure they're not the same ones selling for like $10 on ebay. If so.. then buy them on Ebay for $10 and save cash.

I'm pretty sure the ones on ebay are the same ones I bought a few years ago when they were $50... they worked fine, but water go into one. I resealed them and never had a problem. (and they were loads brighter than stock)

I installed relays for mine and they drew so much current I had to use a 30 amp fuse. They would blow the 25 amp fuse on low beam! BTW, be careful when shopping for "HID" headlamp setups. Most of them are not actually HID (High Intensity Discharge) and they use normal filaments. HID setups have ballasts to modify the voltage to a very high level. I haven't seen an actual new HID setup under about $400. :shock:

81zxturbo

95slobaru

My review: Freaking Bright!! I still have the stock wiring on my 240z's headlights... these are ten times brighter than the stock crap.

Still stock. I'm going to install a relay setup eventually, though.

The relay kit is not going to make your lights draw higher current and blow fuses... it allows them to draw the current they want. Right now its bottlenecking through crappy old wires. Once you put in relays with fresh heavier gauge power wires, full current capacity of the lights can be realized.

What sort of bulbs do you have that draw 30 amps, anyway? Just curious. Japanese bulbs always display the wattage (actual and displayed) on the box. I bought 55/60 watt bulbs. (i was afraid of the 100/130 bulbs on this old system. However, with relays in, I will run the brighter ones most likely.

These housings come with Raybrig bulbs originally, but one was blown from when they were on my wife's Miata. I put in APC bulbs. ($24 from Kragen)

I know the relays don't cause the current draw. The bulbs drew more than 25 amperes AFTER installing them with relays (which are necessary on my 81zx to keep from melting the stock wires) so I had to use a 30 ampere fuse. The wire supplying them is ten guage which is required for a 200 watt draw. They are 90/110 watt bulbs I believe. Ridiculously bright. :shock: When driving, other people's lights look yellow on the road. Still haven't gotten any flashes either from other people so I guess they are aimed just right.

81zxturbo

95slobaru

• 6 years later...