HybridZ

Pic of what my ACT HD PP did...

Jersey

Really? Funny, i never heard anyone else this happening too. I have heard of them cracking on the lip edges and bending but never having the pivot blow through the fork! Well, that makes me feel better since i guess i hit the quota :) Have a few lying around, just hoping i can get the bad one out and the new one through the hole without having to pull the trans. Here goes nottin...

I tried to see if i could sneak it out through the access hole but it just wont make it. I'm pretty sure you could cut the hole a little larger and do it but, it's really not that hard to yank the trans and it gives me a chance to check the disk for wear and give me an opportunity for a lightweight flywheel. I'm still not decided on that. Maybe never-sieze on that pivot point will reduce wear and i'm also going to try to build up the backside of that area on the arm a bit to re-enforce since it sounds like it may be an issue with a HD PP. Thanks for the feedback and info guys.

yup, my act pp did that too...I put a new fork in with a different clutch (but heavier pp) and haven't had any problems yet. But when I had the act in there, I blew a clutch hose, then slave cylinder, then master cylinder and finally the fork. With all new parts I'm hoping it'll hold up for awhile...I guess I'll see. Not too many miles on the new heavier clutch yet.