HybridZ

Fords new Shelby GR1 SWEET!!!

datsunan

Yesterday on TLC, (I think it was called RIDES) they had a build from paper to prototype of the GR1. This is the coolest car I've ever seen. If you get the chance to watch it you'll see what I mean, they usually replay the shows a few times. I think it looks a little like the Z especially the blueovalZ. If it goes to production I may have to sell all my cars to buy one!http://cma.itgo.com/news9v7/gr1_01.jpg

http://cma.itgo.com/news9v7/gr1_03.jpg

Still think I like the current GT40 better. Not sure what engine this one has, but the GT40 is very race oriented.

Supercharged 5.4 rated at 540 hp (I think that's the right number). It's a lot of power, but I hate the way ford has to used forced induction as a means of increasing power. All the more reason for me to respect the LS-1 :rockon:

Still think I like the current GT40 better. Not sure what engine this one has' date=' but the GT40 is very race oriented.[/quote']

Supercharged 5.4 rated at 540 hp (I think that's the right number). It's a lot of power, but I hate the way ford has to used forced induction as a means of increasing power. All the more reason for me to respect the LS-1 :rockon:

All of Ford's forced induction powerplants are far underated. They had to up the power rating of the new Ford GT to 550HP (the new GT40), because it was making close 550HP at the wheels when it was rated at 500HP at the crank.

The other great thing is the strength of the motors themselves. They can take a ton of mods. I wish I had some dyno sheets, but people with the GT's are pushing over 650RWHP with just a pulley and a few other minor mods.

Hey Moridin, don't get me wrong, they can produce a substantial amount of power -- I just think that it is a form of "cheating" by just slapping a supercharger on the engine, when Chevy can compete with them using a normally aspirated engine. I've seen a C5 with just new heads and cams totally outrun a new Cobra with the pulley, chip, intake, etc. mods. I'm not sure exactly how much the Cobra was pushing, but he had an extensive mod list.

I work as a Ford Tech, and I must say we really haven't had many Cobras come in for engine repair -- just transmission work. (One only had 3600 miles and he already managed to throw out the transmission.)

The 5.4 is a solid motor, I just wish they'd put more engineering into it than just sticking a supercharger on it. I know, even that takes planning, redesigning, etc., but I'd just rather see n/a. To each their own though.

Hey Moridin' date=' don't get me wrong, they can produce a substantial amount of power -- I just think that it is a form of "cheating" by just slapping a supercharger on the engine, when Chevy can compete with them using a normally aspirated engine. I've seen a C5 with just new heads and cams totally outrun a new Cobra with the pulley, chip, intake, etc. mods. I'm not sure exactly how much the Cobra was pushing, but he had an extensive mod list.

I work as a Ford Tech, and I must say we really haven't had many Cobras come in for engine repair -- just transmission work. (One only had 3600 miles and he already managed to throw out the transmission.)

The 5.4 is a solid motor, I just wish they'd put more engineering into it than just sticking a supercharger on it. I know, even that takes planning, redesigning, etc., but I'd just rather see n/a. To each their own though.[/quote']

Is that why Chevy had to up displacement to 6.0L? Just pullin' your chain. That's funny, we're having tranny problems with ours. The TOB retaining sleeve has gone bad along with a new TOB. Time for D&D performance revised parts (new retaining sleeve and composite TOB)