HybridZ

choptop

Gollum

ok, so i couldn't find anything in the searches. Sorry.

I didn't think this would really fit in the "bodykit and paint" section.

Has anyone chopped a Z? Personally, this is my only complain with Z cars. I get in and think "well there is 5 inches i don't need". I'm a hair under 6 feet and Z's have more than enough headroom. And I think they'd look WAY better chopped. So, anyone done any research on this? How hard do you think it would be? Custom glass is a must. welding skills is a must. Metal fabrication is a must. Anything else?

This was talked about extensively just a couple weeks ago here: http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=36389&start=0

What did you search for, and where did you search? I hit the search in the forums area, typed in "chopped" and found this as the second listing, right behind your post asking about chopped Z's.

ok' date=' so i couldn't find anything in the searches. Sorry.

I didn't think this would really fit in the "bodykit and paint" section.

Has anyone chopped a Z? Personally, this is my only complain with Z cars. I get in and think "well there is 5 inches i don't need". I'm a hair under 6 feet and Z's have more than enough headroom. And I think they'd look WAY better chopped. So, anyone done any research on this? How hard do you think it would be? Custom glass is a must. welding skills is a must. Metal fabrication is a must. Anything else?[/quote']

-Typing "chop top", and searching the Body & Paint forum get's just what you ask for. Its 8 topics down. It's a fairly recent thread...

And yes, it looks amazing.

Has anyone chopped a Z? Personally, this is my only complain with Z cars. I get in and think "well there is 5 inches i don't need". I'm a hair under 6 feet and Z's have more than enough headroom.

Haha too funny. I get into a stock Z and my head touches the roof. I had to drop my drivers seat so I could wear a helmet in the car. I'm 6' tall!

Sounds like your seats have severely sagged or something. :) Then again, I do have the torso of someone that should be 7 feet tall. :P

well, i'm right about 5' 11.5". I've only sat in one earilier model Z, wich was a bit lower, but in my ZX i have TONS of room.

All i have to say to chevyz240 :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

OMG. I can't believe it. That guy is da MAN. He's got more fabrication ability in his big toe than i could ever hope to have. DANG!!!! I can't get over that. That's amazing. Wow, i want to see that thing in person. Those lines are so perfect. The gaps are prefect. The wiper convertion is B.E.A.UTIFUL. That fibergalss hod A+ for sure. The door fab, very nice. The roof mounting WOW. I can't say enough about this car. I owe my wet dreams for the next month to this guy.

Oh, i must be an idiot when it comes to seatching or somthing. I was just searching hybridz and i searched for choptop, chop top, chopped top, and i didn't see this thred. I must be blind. Sorry about that.

I'm 6'5" and my head touches the roof. IF I wore a helmet I have not cluw how I would fit. I'm eventually going to need raing seats that will sit be down lower. I have 280ZX 2+2 so I get a little more head room than I would in a 2 seater but not much. That black chop top is awesome and very unique. You know waht would be funny (as long as the owner was like 5'2" or something and chopped 240Z and sectioned also. That would look smaller than a miata :lol: .